Chapter 9/ Goodnight

(935 words) ((read the authors note at the bottom really important, its about Nathaniel and his beautiful self))
----------------------------------------------
You can't be wise and in love at the same time..
-Bob Dylan
----------------------------------------------

"Are you coming?" Nathaniel asks as everyone walks out of the house. The party apparently wasn't over- what a shame... I was so tired, and my head hurt from all the males shouting 'chug! Chug! Chug!'. Not to mention i was what Nathaniel called a bit of a light weight, even though it took a lot to get a werewolf drunk. I think? But then again i was sitting on my stool the whole time sipping on drink after drink. I don't know.. Who cares??

"Where?" I mumble stubbornly looking around- people were coming out from the back yard, and traveling into the dark woods.

"We're going to do a pack howl." He said wiggling his eyebrows. Oh how i wanted to shave them off in his sleep.. Is that to mean? He deserves it so eh. I guess Aiden's pack had the tradition to do a pack howl after the pack met the Alpha's mate. I was new to the term because of course my Alpha had never found his mate.. or so i thought..

"Nah. I'll stay here." I said. He nodded, and was about to turn around. Only to have Mr. Alpha Man standing right in front of him.

"You're coming." Aiden said grabbing my arm, and dragging me out of the safety of this house.

"Aiden.." i whined, but his grip tightened. I swear. I'm gonna kill everyone in their sleep, and scoop their eyes out with an ice cream scooper. Maybe a little too violent.. maybe!

"You're coming! Quit whining like a child." He said not looking back at me as he dragged me farther into the woods. Kind of glad he didn't because he would see the childish pout on my face.

"Hold on." I pulled back making him stop, and glare back at me. I quickly slipped off my heels, and enjoyed the way the cold ground felt on my feet. I smiled at him- finally losing my attitude and said, "okay." He then continued walking, dragging me the whole way there. Rude. And to think i smiled at him!

As we reached the hill i could already see the group of wolves. Oh my god.. i looked around, and saw all the ripped clothing. When these people shift back they will all be naked! And i was definitely not ready to see all these people in their birthday suits! I just met them! I got out of Aiden's grip, and excused myself to shift. I slid off the dress Aiden's mom gave me, and quickly shifted into my dark wolf- who has constantly been begging to come out. I trudged out from behind the tree- my paws making a thud noise as they hit the ground, i decided to be a brat, by purposefully rubbing my body against Aiden like a cat. I chuckled as his wolf shuddered, and ran into the crowd as he chased me.

When Aiden, and i reached the edge of the hill people started howling- kind of like they were cheering us on. It was kind of weird but at the same time calming. My eyes widened as Aiden let out a loud howl. I bumped into him messing him up- he sounded like a teen who's voice cracked. I let out a wolfy laugh, and let out a loud howl with the rest of the group. While Aiden just sat there watching me with a hint pride in his eyes. When he noticed me watching he shook his head- knocking the pride out of his eyes and let out a louder howl that only an Alpha could manage.

---

I rub my sleepy eyes as i plop down onto the couch. I had somehow managed to get up before 9 am. It was 8! Lucky me. Can you sense my sarcasm? I hate mornings, like who is up at this ungodly hour? Well apparently Nathaniel... what a freak! My eyes follow him as he walks around the couch to stand in front of me.

"It looks like a tornado went through your hair." Nathaniel points out like a kid who hasn't learned that words hurt peoples feelings. I send him a mean glare, and teasingly place my hand upon the stapler. He flinches, and dodges it as i throw it- purposefully missing but eh he doesn't know that. It flies and makes a dent on the wall right by his head. Oops...