Chapter 12

What Are You Doing?

It's been two weeks since my talk with Luke. He's texted me occasionally to see how I'm doing and left it at that. He's respected my wish for space really well. He has been asking Brooke about me though. She tells me every time and updates him on simple things. Brooke and I had grown pretty close and I third-wheeled with her and Kai a lot. I didn't mind though, they weren't that annoying couple. Besides that, not a lot has happened within the two weeks. My dad and I went on a lot of adventures and saw a lot of the things I'd soon be too busy to see.

Today, I was excited though. Devinee was finally coming. She's never been to California and I wanted her to enjoy all the things I have so far. I also know her and Brooke will be great friends.

--
"Hurry up damnit, you know how busy traffic gets in L.A." My dad yelled into my room. He was aggressive and demanding even when he didn't mean to be.

"Calm down old man, we're fine. I'm ready anyways." I said grabbing my purse. I checked my phone to see if Devinee said anything but saw a text from Dylan instead.

"How do you feel about crepes?"

That was random, to say the least.

"I mean.. they're pretty good. Why?"

"What are you doing tomorrow night?" He responded. That really didn't answer my question.

"Well I'm on my way to pick up my best friend Devinee. Once again.. why?"

"Perfect. We'll have Brett show her around. I've been in the mood for crepes lately.."

"And..?" I ask.

"And I miss you."

Honestly, I've been so busy with my dad and Brooke I haven't made time for Dylan. I feel bad.. he's been there for me since the moment we met.

"I have been wanting to introduce those two.. I guess crepes don't sound too bad."

He replied within seconds.

"Awesome. I'll see you later then!"

"Haha bye Dyl."

"What's got you so smiley?" My dad asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You've been staring at your phone smiling for a solid 10 minutes now. You haven't stopped smiling. Who're you talking to?" He grinned.

"Oh just Dylan. We're going to get crepes tomorrow."

"Crepes?"

"Crepes."

"What the hell?" He laughed.

"I don't know.. he wants crepes I guess."

"And what about Devinee?"

"I'm going to introduce her to Brett." I said gleefully.

"They do have a lot in common.. just be sure you give Devinee a lot of your attention. She is flying out here just for you."