Chapter 10

Protection

Naturally after feeling the hands on me, I started fighting them. After a jab to the stomach the person released me.

"Jesus Christ Cheyenne" I heard a masculine voice say.

"Luke? What're you doing here? Why'd you grab me like that? I totally thought you were some psycho murderer." I punched him in the arm after saying that. I was genuinely scared and he could've easily came up to me and talked to me. Instead he had to go all crazy stalker and pull me into a room.

"First off stop hitting me, you got your point across. I wasn't meaning to scare you. I'm sorry but what the hell are you doing?" He was angry. Real angry.

"What are you talking about Luke?" I was so lost. What could I have possibly done to piss him off?

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, Cheyenne." He mocked.

"Actually, I'm still not catching on. So let's skip the dramatics and how about you tell me what crawled up your ass." Uh oh.. this was the alcohol beginning to talk.

"Aidan." Was all he said.

Oh shit.

Right.

That.

I wasn't going to give in. I wasn't doing anything wrong and he had no right to come in here and yank me away from someone like that.

"What about him?"

"What about him, Cheyenne? Really? Other than the fact that he's a complete loser?" There was no cooling down at this point.

"Okay, yes I know about the whole rivalry between your guys' high school but does that really still matter?"

"Cheyenne this goes beyond some stupid high school bullshit. Dylan told me you ran into Aidan at the party and I let it go but to see a picture of you two dancing together tonight? That sent me over the edge. He won't quit fucking with what's mine." He was pushing things around in the room now.

"I told Dylan I didn't want to be in the middle of things. We weren't doing anything wrong and he hasn't wronged me yet. What picture? Aidan and I didn't take any pictures tonight?" Where did this supposed picture come from?

"I received many snapchats of you two getting all close up and personal. Seems a little more than innocent to me Cheyenne. Why couldn't you have just stayed away from him? I should've stopped this all when I first heard about it."

"Woah. I'm not anyone's property. I don't belong to anyone. Aidan has been nothing but kind to me and I have every right to hangout with him. I understand the rivalry got a little out of hand at times but you're going to be playing together anyways." I tried reasoning with him.

"You just don't get it, do you Cheyenne? He's using you! He's using you to get back at me!" He yelled.

"Oh please, you think that's it? How would being friends with me get back at you?" It seemed stupid really.

I heard another male voice enter the room.

"Is everything alright here, Cheyenne? You took a while so I thought I'd come check and see if everything was alright." Aidan said walking over to me. "Oh, hello Luke."

"Drop the act, dick. Whatever problems you and I have.. leave Cheyenne out of. She doesn't need this kind of baggage." Luke said pointing at Aidan.

"The only one dragging her into our problems is you." He accused.

"Your little games are old, Thomas."

"Ahh come on.. don't be mad Parker. You know history has a tendency to repeat itself. I didn't even have to try for this one." Aidan laughed.