Chapter 5

Who Are You?

I finally walked out of the kitchen and up to my room. It was a long day and I just wanted to take a bath.

I ran a bath and did a mask. It was what I really needed.

I stepped out and realized I forgot my phone in the kitchen.

2 from Brooke
1 from Dylan
1 from Devinee
1 from Luke

Luke? I never got his number?

Oh wait.. he did stay back in the kitchen when everyone was leaving.

I'm also foolish enough to not have a password.. I've never had the need for one. I had nothing to hide and nobody had any reason to look through it.

I decided to open Brooke's first. It was about how much fun she had despite the Evan thing and how she loves me already.

Devinee's was telling me she wanted me to call tomorrow to talk about everything.

Dylan's was just checking up on me. He was so sweet.

I waited until the last minute to open Luke's.. I had no idea what it would read.

"Hey.. I wanna talk tomorrow. I'll pick you up for dinner at 7:00."

I wish I could say no.. but I can't. He's just too mysterious and I intend on figuring out his story. Even if we are just friends forever.

--

I woke up to a soft knock on my door.

"Hey sweetie, you can talk to me you know. I realize we haven't always been the closest because of distance but I'd like to give things a try. Who was that boy? He told me he was your boyfriend but you two hit a little road bump and he came to talk.. at first I thought it was sweet but after seeing your reaction I'm not so sure that story was 100% real." My Grandma J said as she came and sat down on my bed. She started to rub my back out of concern and love too.

"No grandma, Evan isn't my boyfriend. He used to be but we broke up months ago. He's just crazy and trying to win me back. So under no circumstances let him in this house please. I've been trying to get rid of him for too long now and I'm getting wore out." I replied sitting up.

"Okay honey, I just thought I'd ask so I was up to date on 'all things Cheyenne'. I see you met the rag tag group of 5! I was hoping you would.. Brooke would be sure of it so I wasn't worried." She waved off.

"Yeah, I was going to ask you about them actually. How do you know them so well? It's like everybody I met knew you.. and papa butch." I questioned.

"Oh pfft yeah.. I'm the community grandma! I baked for all the games at their school and attended everything. I was always working here and there and I helped them with surfing occasionally. What? Your grandma's still got it in her!"

"Well that makes sense!" I giggled.

"Oh yes deary. So do you have any plans today?" She asked.

"Not until later. I was hoping I could hangout with you and dad today. I feel bad for leaving dad on his own."

"Oh Chey, you know he's fine out there on his own. He's always been one to walk off by himself and be content. Though I'm sure he'd love to hangout with you today.. I know I would! How about we go to Venice beach and walk the shops?" She said standing up.

"That sounds great Grandma.. I'm going to start getting ready!" I smiled.

She left the room and I began my routine. Since I took a bath and shower last night I decided to skip that step until tonight. I threw on some light makeup and my hair in a cute bun with some loose hairs framing my face. I put on a cute short sundress that hung off my shoulders. It was white and simple. I accented it with some yellow wedges and yellow earrings.