Chapter 3

Beach Gods

"Luke Parker"

That's all he said.

He stared at me with those intense eyes and never left mine.

Our stare down ended when Brooke spoke up.

"Oh Jesus Christ Luke, quit being so dramatic and serious. Let's have fun!" She squealed as she pulled Kai and I towards a cooler. After yesterday I needed a drink so I wasn't going to resist. I still felt eyes burning in the back of my head and when I went to turn around I caught Luke staring at me. His serious face didn't reveal what he was thinking. Boy, this guy was gonna be an adventure.

It didn't take long for the other three boys to catch up to us. Everybody cleared out of their way as we walked past and I couldn't figure out why. People acted as if these boys were royalty and stayed out of their paths to the best of their abilities.

After we all came to to a hault I finally whispered to Brooke "What is up with these people?"

"What do you mean?" She asked in all seriousness

"Well when the boys walked by it was like the splitting of the sea. Everyone just moved out of their way.. some even looked scared? Why?"

"Oh, yeah. That. Well you see they're actually known as 'the boys' pretty much everyone here attended the same high school and not much has changed since then. The boys were the popular ones in school. Every girl wanted them and every guy wanted to be them. Most guys were deathly afraid of them. I mean, practically everyone bowed down to them. I don't see why though.. if you knew them personally they're just like everyone else." She responded as if it were completely casual that "the boys" had people eating out of their hands.

"Oh yeah. They're all complete womanizers, except for Kai of course. They're all great people though. The boys are family to eachother and even I sometimes claim them." She finished with a subtle giggle.

"Wow, that explains a lot. You know.. my life has really felt like a movie these past few days. Ex boyfriend drama, moving to California, attending beach parties with a new found friend, and now getting mixed up with some drama kings. Life's almost been too good" I babbled on.

"Hey, enjoy it while you can Chey.. we're going to be 'adulting' before you know it." She was right. I'm going to start college soon enough and won't have time for all this free living.

I decided to push those thoughts to the back of my head and enjoy the rest of my night.

Starting with shot gunning a beer.

What? When you grow up in a small town all there is to do is drink for a "good time".. you learn a few party tricks after a while. I continued to drink and drink.

"Wow.. impressive" I heard a deep voice come up behind me.

"Thanks Dylan!" I said shyly.

"Why don't you take a break from the drinks and come swim with us?" He asked wiggling his eyebrows.

At this point I was feeling a little warm from the drinks so my confidence was slowly but surely rising.

"Sure!" I replied as I took my top and shorts off. I started running for the water before turning around and looking at Dylan who was shocked by my sudden burst of energy. He let out another little laugh while shaking his head with that blinding smile.

I reached out for his hand and pulled him to the water where we both ran in.

We spent the next 20 minutes swimming around and splashing each other. Any chance he had to have his hands on me, he took. I didn't refuse.. something about his touch sent electricity through my body.