"Huh?" I said, earning snorts from everyone.

He sighed impatiently, shaking his head. Most likely at the idiot in front of him.

"I said let's go."

"Ok." I said, barely above a whisper.

Apparently he sat at the very very back and I normally sit at the front; but I wasn't going to say anything because he's clearly peeved off at me.

"I'm Alexis by the way, I'm new here." I whispered to him as we sat down.

His response was a nod. A NOD! Do these people even know how to be nice??

With one last attempt of civil conversation, I asked him one last question.

"So what's your name?"

"Why do you care? Who do you even think you are talking to me? My name is Jaycee ok? You happy? Now please leave me alone!"

I shrank in my seat, my eyes fighting back tears. Mr. Cedric gave me a sad smile and started with the lesson.

From my peripheral view, I could tell that Jaycee was stealing glances at me. He stopped for a while and continued focusing on the board. A few minutes later, someone gave him a note. He looked at the group's general direction, took a deep breath and tapped on my hand.

I looked at him, and he flinched, most likely because I looked like I would cry any given second.

"Look. I'm really sorry. I'm just having a bad day and I know that that is just a horrible excuse and I'm just...sorry. Here. Let's do this again shall we?" He said, extending his hand for me to take.

"Hi new girl. My name is Jaycee Royce." He said with a 100 megawatt smile.

"Hi Jaycee. I'm Alexis." I said as I shook his hand. To say that I felt electricity would definitely be an understatement and I knew he felt it too because he abruptly dropped my hands and gave me one last smile before he turned around.

That was basically how our friendship started. That was when I first knew that I was too in too deep.

•••••••••
He looked so innocent lying there. His hair wasn't gelled up like it usually was and his smile wasn't there anymore.

I took his cold hand in mine and started stroking it, slightly humming the tune to his favourite song; Here Without You.

•••••••••••

Grade 10
I said goodbye to my friends and went to my locker to prepare for my biology lab. I took my lab coat and my goggles and closed my locker. When I turned around, I saw Jace and Brad standing in front of me, the ugliest smirks on their faces. Brad snatched my lab coat while Jace did the exact same thing with my goggles.

"Hey give them back!!" I said, trying to reach them.

"Or what you little squirt!" Taunted Brad as he threw them to Jace.