had

LUNA'S POV ON

"That's the thing about depression: A human being can survive almost anything, as long as she sees the end in sight. But depression is so insidious, and it compounds daily, that it's impossible to ever see the end."

"If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.

Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

"When you're lost in those woods, it sometimes takes you a while to realize that you are lost. For the longest time, you can convince yourself that you've just wandered off the path, that you'll find your way back to the trailhead any moment now. Then night falls again and again, and you still have no idea where you are, and it's time to admit that you have bewildered yourself so far off the path that you don't even know from which direction the sun rises anymore."

"I didn't want my picture taken because I was going to cry. I didn't know why I was going to cry, but I knew that if anybody spoke to me or looked at me too closely the tears would fly out of my eyes and the sobs would fly out of my throat and I'd cry for a week. I could feel the tears brimming and sloshing in me like water in a glass that is unsteady and too full."

"Others imply that they know what it is like to be depressed because they have gone through a divorce, lost a job, or broken up with someone. But these experiences carry with them feelings. Depression, instead, is flat, hollow, and unendurable. It is also tiresome. People cannot abide being around you when you are depressed. They might think that they ought to, and they might even try, but you know and they know that you are tedious beyond belief: you are irritable and paranoid and humorless and lifeless and critical and demanding and no reassurance is ever enough. You're frightened, and you're frightening, and you're "not at all like yourself but will be soon," but you know you won't."

"Perfume was first created to mask the stench of foul and offensive odors...
Spices and bold flavorings were created to mask the taste of putrid and rotting meat...
What then was music created for?
Was it to drown out the voices of others, or the voices within ourselves?
I think I know."

Three light knocks on my door interrupted my reading of my favorite book, 'The Book of Depressing Quotes'.

"Luny?" His head slowly creeped in from the crack in the door. I stood up as fast as he opened the rest of the door.

"D? Are you feeling better?" I asked him, noticing how he was standing up.

He just nodded and took my hand in his. His touch was so soft, like he was afraid I would break if he pressed into my hand any stronger.

"We're going out." He stated, and started leading us to the front door.

As we passed the main desk, he didn't even turn to greet Mary, however, when I turned to her and give her a light smile, she just looked at me with apologetic eyes.

My eyebrows knitted in confusion, when Dean opened the front door and the cool night breeze greeted us.

It was slightly chilly outside, but at the same time, it was nice. Not too cold, not to warm.

We didn't speak at all while walking to wherever he was leading us to. We just had our hands intertwined, and the only noise audible was out feet against the hard street.