Chapter 28

Song in multimedia: Jacquees and Dej Loaf- Make You Fall in Love

Two weeks later

"Y'all have a good day." Alexis waved as she gathered her belongings from her job.

"Leaving already? Where did the day go?" Her manager asked.

"It went by slow to me. It's been nice, but I'm tired." Alexis smiled while clocking out.

"I forgot to tell you, your lil boyfriend showed up again today while you were on break." Her manager nudged her.

"I'm not worried about him right now." Her smile disappeared.

"Tati asked about you too, I didn't say anything though."

"Good. I'm out." She waved.

After clocking out, Alexis unbuttoned her uniform shirt to expose her black undershirt. She happily walked to her car and dialed Rudy's number before pulling off.

"Hello?" Rudy answered.

"I hope you at my house." She looked in her mirror before switching lanes.

"Yeah, I'm in the car smoking. How far away are you?" Rudy replied.

"Mmm, bout ten minutes. Maybe less."

"I hope y'all got snacks in y'all house, cause at night you know I get hungry."

"We should, if not we can stop at the store. But we gone have so much fun tonight." She smacked her lips.

"Just hurry up, son."

"I'm pulling up. And girl why my manager said Rico came to my job again and that his mama was asking about me."

"Again? We gotta talk when you get out the car." Rudy hung up.

Alexis has spent the last two weeks thinking about Rico, but ignoring him every chance she got. From him showing up to her home, her workplace, and leaving message after message, she ignored it all. She still can't get over the fact that he waited until the last minute to tell her about him moving. She thought about what she wanted to do and finally came to a decision.

"He sent me a text saying his mama giving him a going away party and he told me what time he leaving tomorrow in case I wanted to say bye." Alexis looked at her phone as her and Rudy walked inside the house.

"You going to the party?" Rudy asked, sitting on the bed.

"Nope. Rianna was texting me too about it, I don't even feel like talking to her." Alexis shrugged, kicking off her shoes.

"You should show up cause they treated you like family, especially Ri. That girl love you."

"It's tonight. You coming with me?" Alexis raised an eyebrow.

"If you want me to. I know he'll be happy as fuck."

"I want to go, but you know we got a lot to do."

"Yeah." Rudy agreed.

"Maybe if we get done early we could stop by."

"This really happening, huh?" Rudy sighed.

"Don't make me cry again." Alexis poked out her lip.

"Bitches bout to move outta town fa' that dick. In Reedy voice." Rudy laughed.

"I guess the niggas out the nine is where it's at." Alexis smiled.

"I'm a miss you, baby. Who gone help me beat up bitches now?"