Chapter 21

Thanksgiving.

"Ken gang or no gang." Beanie sipped from a red cup as he went live.

"Long live my dawg." Rico chunked up a K with his fingers.

"Say hi, Alexis. With your festive ass." Beanie made fun of Alexis' red and green outfit.

"Don't record me while I'm eating." Alexis said as she got down on her full plate.

"Country self, eating with her fingers and all." Rico shook his head, eating a crawfish pie.

Both Rico's father and mothers side of the family was at Tati's house for the holiday. Alexis had been acquainted with most of his family by now so she had to show her face too. It's been a couple of weeks since he lost his cousin, but Rico was happy to have the rest of his loved ones surrounded. This year he had so much to be thankful for and he was looking forward to ending it on a good note.

"Say, cousin. You know what time it is." Rico's cousin pointed to the front door.

"I'll be back." Rico stood up, leaving Alexis at the table to finish her food.

Beanie, Rico, and a few of his cousins went on the front porch to start their second smoke session before eating more food. They had already rolled some blunts earlier so all they had to do was spark up. It was only right for them to take a puff for Ken and pour out a drink for him.

"Out of all people, they took my brother." Rico shook his head, still mourning.

"They gone too, so." Beanie shrugged.

"You better stop bragging on that before yo ass say it around the wrong person." Rico's cousin, Don stated.

"You think I give a fuck? I got heat fa' them too." He gripped his pants to show he was packing.

"Still. That shit ain't gone bring him back. I don't care about them being dead, it ain't the same without him." Rico let the smoke leave his nostrils.

It was silent for a few minutes until they found something else to talk about. Alexis and Rianna then came out to be nosey. Rianna wanted to smoke with them, but the males in her family weren't having it, especially her brother. After they came out, so did Tati and she started complaining about the weed smell; ruining the whole vibe.

"Ma, you know your daughter out here tryna smoke?" Rico put Rianna in a chokehold.

"I don't care. That shit stinks." She frowned up, shooing them away.

"I swear, you be getting away with everything." Rico told his sister while passing her the remainder of his blunt.

"It's like that when you're a princess." She grinned.

"You ain't a fucking princess, you a brat." Rico smacked his lips.

After finishing smoking, they went back into the house for another round of food. Alexis didn't get anymore because she was stuffed and needed to save room for her family visit. Rico was going to eat all he could because he had been waiting on this day for the longest. Plus all the weed he had been smoking left him with an appetite out of this world.

"Bae, you gone be fat." Alexis sat on his lap and rubbed his stomach.

"Stop. I stay in the gym." He scoffed then laughed.