Chapter 8

Two weeks later.

Alexis and Rudy carried this weeks groceries up the stairs to their apartment. With both their hands full, they noticed a pink slip of paper taped to the door. Alexis spotted that the neighbors door had one as well. Rudy struggled, but pulled the paper off the door as Alexis unlocked it. Once they got in the apartment, they sat the groceries down and Rudy looked at the letter.

"What is that?" Alexis asked as she put away the groceries.

"Bitch, we being put out." Rudy opened her mouth wide.

"Put out?! Fuck you talking bout? I gave that hoe the rent money for this month." Alexis paused.

"You playing? Give me this damn paper." Alexis snatched the paper because Rudy wasn't talking.

Alexis read the paper to herself and became heated. The complex was shutting down without an explanation and the tenants had two months to evacuate. She read the paper twice to make sure she wasn't tripping. Without saying a word, her and Rudy both marched downstairs to talk to the landlady. They weren't the only upset ones because the office was filled with angry tenants.

"What's going on?" Rudy asked someone she knew from across the hall.

"She said they went bankrupt." The woman crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.

"Well fuck, hoe. Where my money going? I hope you don't think we paying rent next month." Alexis threw the paper.

Her and Rudy stormed out of the office and back upstairs to their apartment. Alexis sat at the kitchen table and let Rudy finish putting away the groceries. She was pissed because two months wasn't enough time for them to find another apartment, it was already hard enough for them to find that one.

"I already know I'm a have to move back uptown. Fuck." She wasn't trying to move into her parents home.

"At least your parents will let you live with them. I gotta see if Ace will let me stay with him until we find something."

"Just when I thought everything was cool. This some bullshit, man." She sighed.

Alexis dialed her brothers number to vent to him. Moving in with him wasn't an option because she hated his girlfriend and they had already fought twice. She only wanted to tell him what was going on and how pissed she was. She didn't feel comfortable enough to tell Rico because they just got together.

"Hello?" Anthony answered.

"I'm so pissed." Alexis sighed again.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Me and Rudy was out making groceries and then we came back to a note saying we was being put out."

"You not paying rent?" He asked.

"Yeah. They said something bout going bankrupt. I don't wanna move back in with mama." She pouted.

"What you gone do? If you live with me you know I can't babysit you and Jazmine."

"I'll kill her if I lived there. I'm a just have to move in with mama, I got two months."

"Start looking and if you need something, let me know. But Will wanna holla at you."

"What's wrong with my baby?" Will spoke into the phone.