{17} The Bird Locked In The Cage ~ Kokichi Ouma x Soulmate! Fem! Reader

Start from the beginning

Your heart fluttered as you walked past him and back to your seat. You couldn't help but stare at him from your seat in the back of the class, two rows away from his.

You didn't understand what this feeling was, but something about the mysterious purple haired and violet eyed boy made your heart flutter and your stomach become full of butterflies.

As class progressed he was all you had thought about, however you questioned his quiet manner, why he had refused all questions he was asked, and why he wrote them in a white board with a deep purple dry erase marker. You thought it was cute however, not realizing that he has laryngitis and temporarily lost his ability to speak.

-----

Two months into the school year and you had finally mustered up enough courage to speak to the boy you had found mysterious.

He was talking to two people, Shuuichi Saihara and Rantarou Amami.

You were actually really good friends with Saihara, but you weren't very familiar with Amami yet. Maybe this could give you a chance to speak to him as well.

As you walked over to the small group, your mind fluttered with the possible ideas of what to say to all of them without saying something that could give out your true identity. Maybe say that you competed in a few music competitions, is ask how they are liking it here so far. You thought those were some good ideas to ask questions about or spark a conversation from.

You were almost to the boys when someone bumped into you and you both fell down, it was Kaede Akamatsu the Ultimate Pianist. You actually really liked Akamatsu's personality, she reminded you of the sister you never had but wanted, so you felt overly ashamed when you found out the person you bumped into was her. You quickly get up and help her up.

"Thank you (l/n)-chan. May I ask, where are you heading? You seemed very lost in your thoughts." She smiled as you as you folded your hands together in front of your upper thighs and looked over at the group of boys.

"Oh them. They're sweet guys. Saihara-kun is super sweet but Ouma-kun can get a little weird and demanding. I'd watch out if I were you." She teased you as you kept looking at the boys and watched them laughing over something Ouma had said.

"A-ahh but he seems so cool. Maybe he was just having a bad day when he was demanding people around." You didn't realize you had just defended him as Akamatsu let out a soft giggle and smiled.

"Does the Ultimate Songstress have a crush on the Ultimate Leader already??" She giggled as you looked at her with wide eyes and shook your hands in front of you rapidly to reassure her you didn't have a crush on him.

"N-no!!! I just like him as a friend!! That's all!!" You responded as she kept giggling at your silliness.

Little did you know you had the biggest crush on him.

------

Halloween had just come around the corner and you had no date still. It was now five months since you joined the school, that only gave you two more months to live freely before heading back to your cage.

You started to get anxious as you thought of having to return. You couldn't return yet, not until you asked Ouma out. Even if it meant not being able to go home anymore. You were just too afraid to ask him out.

The morning after Halloween, the air was crisp and smelt of the freshly fallen autumn leaves and pumpkin spice lattes from the nearest coffee shop. It eased your mind of the thoughts of returning home as you sat on the bench just inside of the schools gates. You were waiting for Ouma this time since you planned to finally ask him out.