3

I woke up with an arm wrapped around my waist. I was about to yell, thinking it was Calum but instead, I found Luke.

"Psst," I said. "Luke." I shook him a little.

"Huh," he groaned and opened his eyes.

He looked at me and his eyes grew wide.

"Shit, if Calum finds out I slept with you, he's gonna kill me." he quickly stood up from the bed.

"Why did you come here in the first place?" I asked.

"I guess I just wanted to check up on you." he said as I stood up.

"And why is that?" I asked walking to the restroom.

"I don't know, I thought Calum was going fuck you or something." he chuckled.

"Very funny." I rolled my eyes and closed the door.

I quickly brushed my teeth and ran to the closet.

I unpacked as fast as I could but stopped when I found my old journal.

January 18th 2010

Dear diary,

I always wonder how many people think like me;

Life is like a firework: you start like a little bottle with light inside you, preparing to burst and release it all. You shine when you become a sucessful person, but then the light dissapears after a while and that's when you die. Nothing lasts forever, not even the brightest star.

I shared my feelings with the whole class about two months ago and up until this day, they keep singing Firework by Katy Perry whenever I walk near them.

I am not a Katy Perry enthusiast but I can connect my feelings with the song Firework.

I know that that song is way too overplayed but it has a meaning to me.

There's this one kid though that doesn't pick on me or laugh whenever I'm around him and that kid is Michael Clifford.

-

February 1st 2010

Dear diary,

Michael and I are bestfriends now. He always plays guitar when I'm with him.

-

February 14th 2010

Dear diary,

Since Michael and I didn't have dates for the school's valentine dance, he took me with him. He gave me roses and chocolates and it was really sweet of him.

-

I skimmed through the pages until I found one that really confused me.

November 16th 2010

Dear diary,

My mom brought some friends over for thanksgiving. I met a boy named Calum Hood. He's quite charming, but he's 16.

Mom told me to stay close to him since I would be seeing a lot of him later. I don't know what she meant by that but I'm sure I don't want to see a lot of him.

I'm barely 13 years old and he's a creepy dude. He kept smiling and glancing at me every 2 minutes.

-

I quickly skimmed through the pages again, faster this time. I looked for his name but there was nothing.

I stood up with my journal on my right hand and wiped my tears with my left hand.