CXLI - Frozen In Time

I am so so so so so so sooooooo sorry. I haven't updated in almost two months, and there really isn't any way I can justify it other than the fact that this book was pretty much pushed to the back of my head with all that I've been up to lately.

I've been busy doing a lot of things. A) Volunteering for a haunted house. B) Running my school's GSA. C) School (Grade 12 is hell). And D) I've been writing aN ORIGINAL BOOK THAT'S BASED LOOSELY OFF OF GODS & MONSTERS (MY OTHER ELIJAH FANFIC) AND IT'S TURNING INTO A THINGY THAT'S SO FAR ABOUT 50% EDITED AND HOLY FUCK WHAT HAVE I DONE AND WHAT IF I CAN'T GET AN AGENT AND IF I DON'T DO THAT THEN I CAN'T GET A PUBLISHING HOUSE

So, because of this lil book predicament, I want to make you all a deal: I'm going to give myself a certain amount of time the moment I'm done editing. If I do not find an agent that wants to represent my book in that amount of time, then I will turn to Amazon. Maybe, before I do that, I will post the entire thing here because WHY THE FUCK NOT. 

If I do that, though, I have two questions. And I need you all to answer them honestly.

Would you read it? Would you really be willing to pay for my work?

I'll put it simply: I'm fucking broke. I have less than $2000 in my bank account as of now, and that will just barely cover textbooks for next year. I doubt I'll have enough money for college/university, no matter how my parents say that they'll "find a way". I'm not stupid. That, and I have a disabled brother. His health and needs are far more important than my schooling. So, I want to help pay for it myself.

Of course, money is not my motivation for writing. Why else would I use Wattpad, a place that allows people to read my work for free? It is because I love to write and hearing all of you say such wonderful things about the books I work so hard on will forever be one of the things that makes me happiest.

I only hope that this book, Heart Of Fire, will someday make you as happy to read it as I am to write it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter One Hundred & Sixty-One

It had been two days sine I had seen both Marcel and the Mikaelson's.

I was staying in a hotel that was in New Orleans, but not in the Quarter. I didn't want to risk running in to any of them. Especially not Elijah or Freya.

I was entirely content to stay there for much longer; that is, until I heard my phone ringing. I picked it up and looked at the contact, ignoring the notifications from what was now hundreds of texts and calls from Freya and Elijah. Klaus and Kol had called before, wanting to know if I was all right. I told the I was, offered my condolences, and told them that I was't ready to meet with their family yet.

This time, however, it was someone different.

"Rebekah?" I answered.

Apparently Elijah hadn't taken her phone when he had daggered her for her own protection.

"Rose, you need to get to Lucien's penthouse."

"What? Why?"

"My family is in trouble. They'll explain when you get there. Just meet them there."

"Them? Not y-"

She hung up on me after the distinct sound of a crash.

I wasn't even thinking. I wasn't thinking about how meeting 'them' there would most likely mean seeing Freya and Elijah again. If something had happened, I needed to be there.