XXXI - Not His Fault

Chapter Thirty-One

It was early in the night by the time that I made it to the Abattoir. It was difficult for me to use the speed that my vampiric powers gave me. Feeding Elijah the correct amount of my blood to heal him had taken a lot out of me.

I could hear something happening. It was a lot of fighting, and I could hear that Klaus was involved. But I couldn't hear his usual sounds of anger and growls... It was his screaming.

I didn't know what was happening. At that time, I could never have suspected that Marcel and Rebekah were trying to take down Klaus on their own. I walked into that building, and the only thing I could truly realize was that Klaus was in chains and on his knees, with Diego sending a punch across his face.

I went forwards, walking straight through the crowd of vampires and snapping the necks of any that tried to stop me. I broke both chains with two simples yanks, much to the dismay of the surprised vampires that had been holding them. A second later, the two vampires holding the chains had broken necks. All of this happened before any of the others could react, and before they knew it, Klaus was on all fours on the floor while I had Diego against the wall by his neck.

I was seeing nothing but red. I could imagine it, tearing each and every one of them to pieces as I watched the others bleed out on the floor. More importantly, I could imagine seeing Diego's head removed from his shoulders, his blank eyes staring up at the sky with the rest of his body completely limp and covered in blood.

I didn't understand it. I had Diego's life in my hands at this very moment, and I wanted nothing more than to take it away. How could I go from what I thought was loving him to wanting him dead? How was that possible?

I didn't have time to question it, because every one of us turned when we heard the deep growl of the hybrid in front of us.

Klaus' eyes were a bright yellow, with veins streaking down his cheekbones. He raised his head slowly, moving his hands off of the floor and moving to a sitting position before he jumped up, and all hell broke loose.

I was taken out of the murderous trance I had almost gone into, and threw Diego to the side, making sure he was out of reach while Klaus began his rampage.

He had already killed over ten of Marcel's vampires, and was just increasing the number. He had blood dripping from his lips, and at this point, I could tell that it wasn't his. "Marcel!" He shouted as loudly as he could. "Come and finish this!"

He continued to rip the vampires apart, while I yelled for him to stop.

"Klaus!" I called his name, and when he didn't stop, I moved in front of him with my hands on his chest. "Klaus, stop!" I growled, and he froze for a mere moment. That was right before we heard Marcel shouting from behind us.

"Enough!" He yelled, and all of the vampires around us slowly began to back away.

Klaus I both looked over at Marcel to see him walk forwards and lean down, grabbing a coin from the ground while Klaus dropped the body of a girl that I hadn't even noticed him holding.

I moved to the side as Klause began to calm, and he began to walk towards Marcel. "Well, well, well... The great Marcel, self-proclaimed King of New Orleans, bowing before me," he smirked.

"There," Marcel said, a defeated, yet angered look on his face. He threw the coin at Klaus' feet. "I hereby pledge my allegiance to you. You have the keys to my kingdom. It's yours."

I moved beside Klaus, looking over at him. He had a wide smile on his face. He had finally gotten what he wanted.

I turned to face Rebekah, who refused to look at me.