LXXXVIII - Blood Sharing

OH MY GOD THIS IS SO DAMN EMBARRASSING

I WROTE THIS THING LIKE A YEAR AGO AND I JUST LOST A DARE SO I HAD TO POST IT

I HATE THIS SCENE SO MUCH THOUGH LIKE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW

OH WELL

I HOPE YOU LIKE IT AND IF NOT THEN I AM TRULY SORRY

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Eighty-Eight

Elijah was losing control as the day progressed. He avoided all of us, and ran almost every time any of us got within ten feet of him, and I was determined to find out why.

"Elijah?" I said from the other side of the room, closing the door behind me. "Are you alright?"

He didn't answer, and I soon saw why. He was fighting the urges that had come with the torture his mother had put him through. His hands were gripping the window frame, and I was surprised that it wasn't cracking under the pressure.

"Elijah, talk to me," I said, walking over to him.

I took a step closer, and he suddenly turned around. It was like he was frustrated, angry even.

I didn't realize it for a second, but then I saw his eyes. The veins were showing under them. Whatever Esther had done to him was making the vampiric side of him emerge even more bloodthirsty than it usually was.

"Elijah..." I whispered. "Are you okay?"

He didn't answer. He just kept on moving towards me. But I didn't back away, not like he would have expected me to. I stayed completely still, and I stood my ground. Something inside of me was telling me to run as fast as I could, but my heart told me otherwise.

"I should run," I told him.

"Why haven't you?" he said, his voice hoarse and dark.

"Because," I said, taking a step closer to him. My chest was only an inch away from his, and I was staring right into his deep red eyes. "I'm not afraid of you."

"Why?" he whispered, the veins darkening.

"You can't hurt me," I said. He looked at me in surprise. "Did you hear me, Elijah? You can't hurt me. So you don't need to be afraid of that."

He swallowed, then licked his lips before parting them. I could see his elongated fangs, and I knew that he was trying his hardest.

"If the hunger is hurting you, then take your own advice," I said. I reached up and moved my hair off of the left side of my neck, exposing it to him completely. "Feed from someone who can't die."

He leaned slightly closer to me, and I could feel my heart now racing. He knew it, too, from the way that he licked his lips and glanced down at my neck, then back at my eyes. It was likely that he could practically see the veins pumping under my skin.

I felt his slow and deep breaths on my neck, and I bit my lip in anticipation.

His left hand went up to the right side of my neck, cradling it while his other hand went to my waist.

I felt his lips graze my skin, but that was all he did. He kissed my neck softly, then pulled away and looked me in the eyes. The veins were now gone, and his eyes were back to the brilliant brown color I had always loved.

"I will never hurt you," he told me.

I bit my lower lip, and I saw something dark flash in his eyes when I did. "You need to feed, Elijah."