XVII - Speechless Little Klaus

BOOM. ;) Surprise update. AND GUESS WHAT GUYS.

Soon, VERY soon, all of the stories on my account put together will have a grand total of 100,000 READS. I AM SO EXCITED.

That is all. Enjoy. :)

__________________________________________________________________

Chapter Seventeen

I gripped Klaus' wrist even tighter as I dragged him through the Abattoir, specifically to Thierry's room. 

Klaus never told me who he bit, which I soon found out was Thierry. I had turned my phone off before we reached the tomb, and apparently, I should have followed Klaus when he looked angry, because he bit Thierry a few minutes later. 

The only reason why I found out about what Klaus did was because Diego had called me seventeen times, and texted me another eleven. He wanted to know where Klaus was so that he and Marcel could go after him.

I was very, very angry with Klaus, of course. He knew that Thierry was my friend, and he made an example of the poor guy. Though I knew that I could heal Thierry just as fast, if not faster than Klaus, he had told me that he wanted to gain Marcel's trust. So, I gave him the chance and got him into the Abattoir without someone ripping off his head. Yet.

When we reached the room, Diego and Marcel instantly stood up to defend Thierry, and possibly attack Klaus, along with a few other daywalkers. Thierry laid on the bed, he looked almost like he was sleeping. But I knew that he was awake.

"I had time to sleep on it last night," Klaus said, right as I grabbed a cup from the mantle. "I am not your enemy. When my family and I failed this town," he gestured to his friend. "Marcel succeeded."

I bit into my wrist, letting the blood flow into the cup. It healed moments later, but there was already enough blood for Thierry. I handed the cup to Diego, who glanced down at it worriedly.

"Her blood will heal him, as though it never happened," Klaus stated. 

Thierry drank the blood eagerly. He would have been much more cautious if it had been Klaus, but he trusted me. He just didn't trust my family.

"The Quarter is your home," Klaus said to Marcel. "But I would like to stay a while. If I'm still welcome."

Marcel grinned, and I took that as a yes.

I really hope Klaus doesn't screw up this time. But then again... He's Klaus.

*

I walked down the streets of the Quarter, along side Klaus. There was a parade happening, and the music made me feel carefree and happy with all of the stress I was under.

Diego and Thierry were still angry with me. They didn't understand how I could say such nice things about a man that nearly killed Thierry, and Diego was especially angry because he felt that I was spending more time with Klaus and Elijah than with him. He had jealousy issues, that much was obvious. 

I glanced over at Klaus, who was watching the parade intently. He was distracted by something, and I knew exactly what it was. 

I adjusted my sunglasses slightly, then sighed and smiled. "Just do it."

"What?" He muttered, blinking then looking at me, seeming confused.

"You obviously want to call her," I smirked. "Now do it already."