XCI - In Good Hands

This is a bit of a filler. :/ Sorry, guys. And it probably sucks, too, seeing how I wrote half of it at four in the morning... Oh well.

I hope you like it anyway. :')

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Ninety-One

I had offered to take Hope and look after her while Cami spoke with Elijah. The two of us had agreed that he needed to talk with someone who could help him in ways that I couldn't.

Hope squealed when I handed her her bright blue blanket, and started chewing on the corner of the fabric. I suspected that she would begin to teethe soon, seeing how she was trying to bite anything and everything.

I grinned down at her, happy that she enjoyed the blanket so much. Elijah had gotten it for her a few days ago, telling me that the color of it reminded him of the sea as well as Hope's beautiful blue eyes.

I could tell that, as she grew up, Hope's family would treat her like the little princess she was. They would spoil her to no end, make a kingdom for her, and she would grow to be as strong and beautiful as her mother and as intelligent and courageous as her father.

As I thought of her family, I began to think of Finn and Kol. No doubt, Finn would think of her as a threat and try to kill her. But Kol... I truly didn't know. He had always been the neutral party of the family. He wasn't with us at all, but at the same time, he wasn't truly against us either. I knew that he wouldn't want to hurt her, she was innocent and he knew that. But he was a very unpredictable person. However, I trusted him. His siblings just didn't feel the same way.

"Rose!" I heard Cami call out. "Rose, something's wrong with Elijah!"

I picked Hope up and rushed out into the hallway, walking down it to see her standing in the doorway of the living room with a panicked expression.

"What happened?" I asked her, handing Hope off to her.

"I don't know!" she exclaimed, and I followed her into the living room. "He-He just collapsed!"

I saw that she was right. He was laying on his back on the living room floor, and I could hear him breathing.

"I'll call Klaus," I sighed. "I'm willing to bet that Finn has something to do with this, and if so, then Klaus can do far more about it than us."

I pulled out my phone and dialled his number immediately, which I knew by heart. However, the person who answered was not who I'd expect.

"Hello?"

"Davina?" I asked. "Why are you answering Klaus' phone?"

"Because he's too busy being knocked out cold on the floor to answer," she grumbled.

"Klaus collapsed too?" My eyes widened.

I put the phone on speaker so that Cami could hear, and so that I could inspect Elijah a little closer.

"Yeah," she said. "A few minutes ago."

"So did Elijah," I muttered, pressing my fingers to Elijah's neck and checking his pulse. He was fine.

That's when I knew what was happening. They were physically perfect, pristine, even. It was their minds that were affected.

"It's Finn," I said. "He put them into a chambre de chasse."

"A chamber de what?" Davina asked, seeming more than a little agitated at this point.

"A chambre de chasse. It's French for 'hunt room'. Finn infiltrated the minds of his brothers to put them into a room enclosed by magic. They are represented by animal heads representing their personalities. For example, Kol might be a... A fox. He has a wild and deceitful personality."