Charlie's face looked sad.

"Val please listen to me! We have to talk" He pleaded.

"There is nothing for us to talk about anymore." I stated coldly pushing his hands off me.

"Val listen to me! Why can't you just wait for a minute?" He exclaimed.

"There are more serious things to worry about!. The pack may be In serious danger and this is what your talking about?"

"Yes, because I cannot focus on anything else but you' I need you to listen to me please!"

"Well you better focus on something else otherwise I'll have you thrown out!" I growled in anger.

"Val please. After all we've been through. Don't I deserve the right to talk to you?"

"Don't try to turn this on me now. Your guilt game isn't working, you better try something else Charlie!" I spat out.

"Val I know you are upset. And I know how mad you are, but please listen to me, because I really need you" He pleaded.

I hated the effect this had on me. He deserved to be treated this way. He deserved not to be talked to.

"Val why are you being this way? I know what I did was surprising but why are they turning your back on me?"

"Why? Oh you wanna know why? Maybe because I believed you! Because I trusted you as my best friend and you just broke that trust!"

"I didn't break the trust!" He exclaimed in anger.

"I trusted you Charlie! I trusted you with the biggest secret I've had, with the secret even my own mate doesn't know!"

"And I am keeping that secret with my life! How can you even think that something changed? I will never betray you!"

"You already did!" My voice echoed through the office.

"I thought you were my best friend! My brother. And you lied to me! You kissed me..forcefully! You kissed me even though you know that I have a mate!" I screamed in anger.

"But he does not deserve you!"

My anger got the best of me. I pushed his hand off me and had him pinned to the wall in a matter of a second. I held him by his shirt.

"Don't you dare say another word about him" I growled.

"It's because of him that you were dying in pain. It was because of him when you chose to die instead of him. He was the one who broke your heart. He was bringing random sluts here In front of you! He made you get to the point of overdosing, or did you forget?" He growled angrily.

"Stop" I exclaimed.

"How was it that he started caring for you only after he thought he lost you?Whilst I have always cared for you! He appreciated you only after he realized what he did, while I always knew your price!"

"Don't you see this? He is not the right person for you! He does not deserve you! If only he was gone for a little longer. Then you would be mine."

I didn't realize what I was doing until my hand connected with his face sending his face flying backwards. I couldn't control my anger. Another wrong word from him and I would snap his neck right here. I didn't fell bad for hitting him at all. I felt satisfaction.

He looked back at me surprise written in his eyes. He brought his hand towards his cheek and rubbed it.

"You are nothing but an egotistical, selfish idiot!" I said calmly.

"How can't you understand me? Have you ever thought about what I feel? Have you even considered that I could be struggling too? Or was it only you?" He growled.

"Don't you see this Valentina? I'm alone! I will be turning twenty soon and I still haven't found my mate! I have been searching everywhere. I have been everywhere, yet there is no one! Not even among rouges!" He silenced the words that were in my mouth.

"You will find your mate" I assured him.

"Find her?" He laughed a humorless laugh.

"Don't you realize it? There is no 'her'. I never will find a mate. What if she's dead?" His voice broke.

"She isn't dead Charlie."

"Easy for you to say" be breathed out.

"I have been slowly falling in love with you since we found you on that night in the forest. You were the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. But that wasn't what made me fall in love with you. It was how strong you were, how good of a leader you were." He said his voice softening.

I can't believe how much of a fool I were. How could I never see how feelings for me? How could I just close my eyes on it?

"Charlie please..Stop" I managed to utter.

" I was looking for my mate, but as you came I didn't feel so empty anymore. I could see how you were struggling. You closed yourself and pushed all your feelings out. You started to fight and get yourself in trouble all the time. You drank...and-and you started doing drugs. You were going down hill yet me and Sasha manged to save you."

I closed my eyes.

"You became our Alpha and the best leader we've had, yet you were destroying yourself. I started falling in love with you. I wanted to be with you, to love you, yet I knew that no one else but your mate could save you. You won't imagine how many days and sleepless nights I've spent struggling at the thought of you being with another man"

"And then my fears came true. You found your mate and I knew that it was over. But at the same time I was happy because I knew that you had a chance of survival."

"You told me about your decision to save him. And it took me all my willpower not to kill Ace myself. I hoped he treat you how you deserve yet he drove you to the point of overdosing-"

"Just stop this Charlie" I cutt him off as I felt tears dwell up in my eyes.

"Val-"

"No! I don't want to hear you anymore Charlie. You may think I'm being harsh but you don't understand this! None of this!" I exclaimed.

"What do you mean?"

"Charlie you know all my secrets. You know things about me that even Ace doesn't know and I trust you with it, I really do. But I just can't.."

"Can't what?"

"I don't want to hurt your feelings Charlie. I want you to be happy and have a good life. With a person that you deserve"

"But what if she's dead? What if she-"

A horrible though suddenly crossed my mind. What if Charlie's mate indeed is dead. What if she was from my pack. What if I murdered her.

I immediately took a hold of Charlie's hand.

"Val I love you" He whispered looking down.

"Charlie what if I said I love you too?"

His eyes widened before I spoke again.

"Let's imagine I said I loved you back. Then what? What was gonna change Charlie? I am mated and I am in love with Ace. What was I gonna do? Reject him?"

He let go of my hand and looked down in anger.

"Yeah your right. I am sorry...Alpha. It won't happen again." Was what he said before leaving me.