not even the in-laws can beat finn at ers (nine years old)

Bonnie's sitting at our kitchen table with a mug of coffee in her hand, watching fondly as Felicity plays with Finn.

Annabelle's at work, and I had texted Bonnie and Felicity, asking if they wanted to come over for a couple days and spend some time with Finn.

"Oh my God!" Felicity squealed when I opened the door, Finn right behind me. "Oh my God, oh my God, he is so much cuter in real life. Ahhh, hi Finn! I'm Felicity!"

Finn grinned and waved. "Hi Felicity!"

They've both been really busy lately, Bonnie with work and Felicity with school. (She's a grad student now.)

Bonnie grins at me. "Nice to see you've made good use of the robe."

I look down, and sure enough, there's the knitted pink robe. I smile. "Yeah, I didn't even realize I was wearing it. I wear it, like, more often than any of my other clothes. It's super comfy." I hug it closer to my body.

"It feels kinda weird to be in your house," she admits, looking around the kitchen. "I remember the day she met you, because she called Felicity and wouldn't stop talking about this cute girl in her English class—" At this, I cover my stupidly large grin with my sleeve. "And now I'm sitting in your kitchen while you and her have rings on your fingers and I have a grandchild."

"Aw, you can probably ask Jenna—I think you met at the wedding, right?—about how much I gushed about her."

Felicity's voice cuts through our comfortable silence. "Haze, I can't believe we didn't come sooner! Momma, can we come like every weekend? We're visiting until I can beat Finn at ERS."

"Ah, not gonna happen. Not even Sammy can beat Finn," I call back.

"Sammy?" Bonnie questions. I nod.

"Yeah, he's. Well, this might sound weird, but he's one of Annabelle's students who occasionally comes over. Our son-brother-friend person. I think he's just a little younger than Felicity. And get this." I lean forward excitedly. "He read my book! Like, unprompted. The first time he came over, he was like 'Oh, you read Hazel Danell?' and I was like 'Oh, I am Hazel Danell,' and then we immediately clicked."

"That's awesome."

"Mom! Felicity's trying to cheat!"

a/n: i finished season three of voltron and im empty inside; also love yourself 承 her is a work of art okay that's all i have to say