it's good to keep your hopes and dreams stored in wooden furniture

Annabelle. She still hasn't mentioned her last name, which is why her contact is just Annabelle in my phone. It is also why I am tucking my foolish hope into my bedside drawer and locking it in there -- I really like Annabelle, whether or not she's Annabelle Lee-Davis.

I'm currently in my and Jenna's room, writing. I'm just in pajama pants and my comfortable bra -- my normal attire when I'm too tired and comfortable where I am to put a shirt on. It doesn't matter, anyway. Jenna and Jacob, the only two people who could walk in unexpectedly, have both seen me only in my underwear.

My phone rings with the text tone, and I turn it on to see a message from Annabelle. I smile, warmth flooding me at the thought of her.

bout to start writing

I quickly text back. I'm already on the document

I see her little icon appear not five minutes later, and the cursor moves over the blank area. Letters forming words forming sentences that make me fall just a little bit harder start spilling out.

My skin is warm from being wrapped up in my duvet, and the atmosphere in the room is peaceful.

When Annabelle's done writing, I finish up my part for the day and then switch over to No, really.

When the page first pops up, the first thing I notice is the stream of comments. There are so many of them, already there and currently coming in, that I have to refresh the page to see what it's about.

And then I see.

The post at the top of the page is in color.

The blog, for the many years I've been reading it, has always been in black and white. Annabelle always said that she hoped it would change someday, when her mind was a better place.

The picture is a black background with a neon purple saying: "I see beautiful things around you".

It wouldn't be much if it was in any other place, but this is the only color in a sea of monochrome.

When I see the caption, my heart beats faster and my smile grows.

it may very well be too early to say for sure, but i think i'm in love

"I think I am too," I say out loud.

But for once, it's not aimed at the Annabelle I know only through the computer.