'cause all i know is we said hello, and your eyes looked like coming home

Somehow, simultaneously, everything has changed and nothing has changed.

The crisp morning air is still sharp in my face, leaving me to wish I had worn another jacket.

The good morning, good night, have-a-nice-day, welcome-back-home, and I-love-you kisses are still there, peppered all over my face and shoulders.

Sammy still comes around to play cards and chat. He's a senior now, which means a lot of work and worrying about the future, but he still makes time to come and see us, the kid, and the cats.

But I've always been a heavy sleeper.

Nowadays, I have to basically sleep with one eye open, seeing as Finn's bed is infested with monsters. (I'm not going to even start on his closet.)

It's been a couple months, and I thought he'd take longer to warm up to us. But you know how kids are.

Every time I look at him I smile.

Sometimes it's very, very deep down inside, because it's hard to smile when it's four A.M. again, but it's worth it.

(He's so tiny! And cute! And sweet! And tiny!)

Usually when he ambles into our room (which now never has its doors closed, because he's not tall enough to reach the handle yet) I'm the one who takes care of what he needs, because Annabelle needs to get up early.

Sometimes he sleeps with us, but most nights if he can't sleep we go into his room and I play Adele for him to listen to.

"G'night, Mommy," he'll say with sleepy eyes. I'll swoop forward and kiss his forehead.

"Good night, Daydreamer."

a/n: guess what song i was listening to while i wrote this

also: park jimin? is a beautiful angel? serendipity? is a masterpiece?

('_`。)

also also: happy birthday to my beautiful friend luce and happy late birthday to my beautiful friend hope idek if u guys read this but i love you