Chapter 13

CHAPTER 13

Hayleys POV

I look to the people around me as I stay helplessly in Chads arms. They are all completely oblivious to what this actually means.

They have no idea that he was the one who hurt not only both Taylor and myself, but Jeremy too. They don't know about the mistake I made thinking that I could trust him, and now here he is all over again coming back for something I'm unaware of.

"Don't look so scared Hayley. You missed me right?" He asks with a grin planted on his face.

I hesitate at first, and try to shake his overpowering tall figure off.

"I said you missed me. Right?" Chad asks again, firmly this time. He tightens his grip on my hips as his large hands easily wrap around them.

I forced a nod. I just want this to be over with.

I then noticed Taylor watching us with widened eyes, not knowing what to do. I shake my head at him. Because I know he could think about doing something stupid any second.

"He's watching us isn't he?" Chad frowned, him turning to see Taylor. They both stared at each other.

"You know I'm much better for you than that lanky freak." Chad turned back to me, him smirking.

Before I knew it I was slapping Chad across the face, and fast too. His smirk turned into an angry face as he rubbed his hand across where I had just hit.

"I'm sure your boyfriend would love to see some action." Chad said, leaning down towards me.

I wanted to scream for help. For anyone to just help me get out of this. And just as his lips were about to touch mine, it was like my prayers were answered.

Another man came behind Chad, with what looked like important information to tell him. After whispering into his ear, Chad turned to Taylor again with a smile on his face.

I joined him, also looking over. Two guys pulled started pulling Taylor away. I saw Jeremy pick up on it, him leaving Kat and running after them.

By the time I went to ask what was going on, Chad was gone. So I hurried past the groups of people, shuffling through the gaps of shoulders and backs as fast as I could.

"Hayley I think they went to the men's room." Kat said immediately when I passed her, and I quickly thanked her.

I don't need this. We all don't need this. The extra worrying on top of the few things that have already happened, isn't it enough now?

I barged through the door of the toilets to see Taylor being held by two of the men Chad was with. Jeremy was already on his way to try and attack him.

"Easy now." The tall dark haired man said. He clearly indicates that he has a knife in his hand, ready to hurt Taylor if Jeremy comes any closer.

With that Jeremy stops in his tracks and backs up to where I am, trying to guard me the best he can.

"What do you want? Surely this isn't worth hurting people over! This is between me and Chad, not him. Just let him go." I said on the edge of tears. If it weren't for the loud music in the gym, people surely would hear us.

"Aren't you wondering about what happened to your father, Hayley?"

With those words spoken, all I started to feel was anger.

Taylors POV

"What's he talking about Hayley?" Jeremy suddenly asked.

I stayed still being held against the bathroom wall, with a knife almost pressed to my arm.

Hayley furrowed her eyebrows together, as her eyes started to water.

"Don't you dare." She said.

"Surely you miss him. I mean a sudden disappearance of an apparent murder has gotta suck when you never speak to him again." He sounded like he knew the real story though and he was enjoying Hayley being upset.

Tears started to fall from Hayley's eyes and I squirmed in his arms to try and get out. I just want to run up to her and hold her, and say she's going to be okay. But I can't.

"You are sick, sick people." Jeremy said, still trying to protect Hayley.

And it wasn't until one of the teachers finally pushed through the bathroom door that whoever this is that's holding me. He quickly passed the knife into my hand to make it look like it was mine.

I froze, which was probably one of the stupidest things to do. I then watched as the two men acted out. But I dropped the knife on the ground.

"Taylor nobody needs to get hurt!" They pretended to be frightened.

I looked down at the knife on the ground, and back up to the teacher who was now standing with a furious look on her face. And I knew it either wasn't going to end well for me, or for them.

.

We were joined by two security guards who came into the bathroom shortly after we were caught with these guys. They decided to talk to Jeremy and Hayley first, as they were seen as witnesses.

Hayley had explained that the two men came into the prom with Chad Gilbert, and the guards had luckily recognised that they never checked these guys for their tickets or scanned their clothes for dangerous tools.

We were lucky in the end to get out of there with no charges and without being in any sort of trouble. If it wasn't for Kat sending the teacher in after us, things could have ended a lot worse.

The guys were sent to prison for who knows how long, so there will be no sight of them for a while. But that doesn't mean Chad won't be angry about this. Even if he has been given a restraining order against us, That doesn't mean that he won't have anything to say, or do towards us yet again.

So now all we can do is hope and prey that he will keep his distance from us. Mainly Hayley for the most part, because at least Jeremy and I have some chance at defending ourselves.

It will always be my priority to keep her safe, I promised her and myself. And I always keep my promises.