Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12

Taylors POV

"Do I look alright?" I asked Jeremy nervously, while adjusting my tie in front of the mirror.

The school prom has came around way too quickly for my liking. This year is well on the way to leading to our summer break already and we will then be sophomores before we know it.

My nerves are even higher tonight then when I asked Hayley to go to prom with me. The surprised look on her face was something I wish I could keep forever. She said no at first as a joke, which made my heart drop. But the relief afterwards was well worth all of that. Sometimes I truly have to pinch myself and check that this is real, because I don't know how I ended up with a girl like her.

Jeremy rolled his eyes. "You look fine! Would you stop worrying already, T?"

"You're right. I'm overreacting." I sighed and took a deep breath.

"Okay boys, you ready?" Kat asked as she came out of the bathroom.

The two of us now seeing her dressed up and ready for the night for the first time. Jeremys jaw almost dropped to the floor and I had to bump his shoulder to get him to speak.

"Y-You look great." He said after clearing his throat.

Kat just smiled genuinely in return, her cheeks turning to a shade of pink.

"You do look nice Kat." I said kindly.

"You boys aren't looking to bad either." She added.

Jeremy and I bumped fists and nodded to each other.

A few minutes went by and we all made our way from going down into Jeremy's car, and off to the dance. We're meeting Hayley there since her mom insisted on dropping her there and picking her up. Nevertheless I'm still so excited to see her. It'd only been so many hours since we saw each other at school earlier and I'm missing her like hell.

Jeremy and I even sneaked us a spot on the stage tonight, to perform in front of our grade. We haven't told Hayley anything about it, but we know she'll be up for it.

-

Hayleys POV

"Yes mom. I promise I won't let anyone pressure me into drinking." I sighed out.

"I love you." I said, and waved to her as I began to turn around.

"Love you too Hayley." She exclaimed.

My mom's making me more worried about the night when putting those kind of things in my head. I know it's the reality, especially for kids our age. But I still don't like to think about it.

I took one last look in the rear view mirror of my moms car, checking my black dress and my hair. I fixed my loose strands of hair back into my fringe and pulled down my dress a little to straighten it out.

I walked into the gym, looking around through the sea of people in the room to try and find the guys and Kat. And when I did, to my surprise Taylor was already staring right back at me, standing there in his fitted black suit, grey shirt and tie. He began to walk over to me as I followed.

"Hi." He finally spoke, his hands jammed in his pockets.

"Hi." I returned. Trying to bite the smile back that was so hard to hide.

"You look beautiful." Taylor said, looking down my dress to where it stopped above my knees, then back up to my eyes.

"Thanks, York." I giggled.

Taylor offered his arm out to me. I gladly took it and he walked us over to Jeremy and Kat.

As we were on our way over I noticed someone in the background watching. I took a closer look this time, trying to pick them out as people passed quickly in each direction. I felt my stomach drop when I realised who it was. Chad.