Wait.

There is.

And he's lying on this bed, somewhere in a parallel dimension between life and death.

I reached his bed and gently stroked his hand; cold as ice.

"Jaycee..." I said, my voice breaking; shattering into a zillion cracked pieces.

"Jaycee please wake up. Please. I'm not mad at you anymore I promise. Please don't leave me like this. I need you back!" I cried. I actually cried my whole soul out! My whole body was shaking, in turn shaking his bed.

"Please. You can't.... you can't leave me!! What am I supposed to do without you?? How am I supposed to live?? Jaycee, please!"

Nothing.

Not silence, because the machines were beeping.

But a type of silence where his voice should be; the worst type there is.

Will I ever hear his voice again?

Will I ever be able talk to him again??

"Jaycee. Wake up... please wake up. Please." I pleaded, my tears stinging my eyeballs.

"I....I....I love you Jay! I love you! And I'm sorry I haven't said it earlier!! Please.... please come back to me! Please! I can't live without you please!"

And that's when I realized that this is actually the first time I said it. The first time I say it from my heart and he doesn't even get to hear it.

No answer but the steady beeping of the machines.

I looked at his face and took his hand in mine, clutching him as if he'll disintegrate right from beneath my fingers.

"I love you Jaycee Royce. Ever since day one. Ever since you took my apple back from Justin Danvers. Ever since you picked up my Chemistry books when Brad dropped them. Ever since you picked me up from the ground when Brad threw a football straight to my face. Ever since you fixed my virus infested laptop. Ever since grade nine. Ever since day one.

I'm sorry it took me this long to say it. I guess we never realize what we have until it's gone. Or maybe we do and we just thought we'd never lose it. Either way, I really don't want to lose you! Not when I just found myself. Please come back to me! Please..." The sobbing wouldn't stop, and the flow of emotion kept on coming out on full power mode. Amidst the shaking and silent crying, I felt something.

His hand moved. Cross that. He squeezed my hand.

It was very slight, but I'm very sure it was there. Like a promise, that he'll come back for me.

That.

That right there was enough to make me wait for him, because I know that Jaycee will never let me down. It was his sign of letting me know that he'll fight this; that he'll come back to me.

I pulled a chair and brought it next to his bed because I know once I'm discovered, they won't let me stay here, and I need to spend every second I could by his side. The tears wouldn't stop and now I'm just sobbing because even if I wanted to stop, one look at him and I start again.

I felt my phone vibrate so I took it out and found a text message from CJ asking where I was. I replied that I'll come to them in a while. Before I could lock my phone I saw an an un-heard voicemail; the one I ignored earlier. So I opened it; I really wish I didn't.

It was from Jaycee.

"Hey beautiful, we finally got the car to start and we are on our way back home. I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am Alexis for acting like a complete jerk. I don't know why I keep hurting the people I love. More importantly, I don't know why I keep doing it to you; the light of my life.

I just hope that one day, when we're 50 and sitting in our backyard babysitting our grandkids because our own kids are idiots, we could look back at this and laugh at it. We could laugh at destiny because no matter what, we'll always be together; we'll always have each other.

I never want you out of my life Alexis and one day I'll make that promise come true; you'll see. All I ever want is for you to be happy and I know for sure that my happiness is always with you, wherever you go.

I have a surprise for you by the way!! I wanted to wait until your birthday but it's like 2 weeks away and I needed to make up for being an idiot. I'll wear it for now- just so I can feel you next to me- and I'll give it to you when I see you later on princess. I lov--"

"WATCH OUT!!" I heard Jace scream. Then I heard the most gut-wrenching crash and crunch anyone could ever hear.

Then the line disconnected.

At this point, having to re-live what happened to them, crying came naturally and on 'waterfall' mode.

Remembering what he said, I wiped the tears a little, I reached for his neck, and sure enough there was a necklace. I took it off and held it in my hands. It still smelled like him. Not the bleach and stench of the hospital; but his beautiful scent. A mixture of Axe and strong vanilla.

The necklace was silver, with a black and white studded heart pendant that had the letter "A" beautifully inscribed on it. It wasn't very small but it wasn't huge either; it was just perfect! I held on to it for a while before I put it back on him, this way he'll know that I'm always with him.

I started stroking his soft black hair while singing to him. The same song I sang to him when I learned about his sister's death. The same song that holds so much meaning right now. He'll know he's not alone, that he'll never be alone because I got him; forever and always.

Don't ever say you're lonely
Just lay your problems on me
And I'll be waiting there for you

The stars can be so blinding
When you get tired of fighting
You know the one you can look to

When the vision you have gets blurry
You don't have to worry,
I'll be your eyes
It's the least I can do,
'Cause when I fell, you pulled me through

This song alone brought back so many memories; from the first day we met to the last thing I said to him on the phone. One by one, they made their way from my brain to my tears....

AN: Stay tuned!! Next chapter will be all their memories :)

Hope you guys liked it.❤️❤️

Don't forget to Read✨ Vote✨ Comment✨ Spread The Word✨

#FrenchFriesAndPopsicleSkies