Bonus Chapter #3

Important note: This is Aurora's last month of pregnancy. She is still 22 years old.

"Aurora?!" I hear Vulcan call as he walks into the house.

"In the kitchen!" I yell back before realizing that I could have used the mind link.

Shrugging, I grab the chocolate before making my way out of the pantry. Vulcan walks in just as I take a seat by the kitchen island, ripping open the packet of potato chips. He walks right up to me and turns me around on the stool, giving me a fierce and passionate kiss.

I melt into his touch, kissing him back with equal fervor. We pull away soon enough, gasping for much needed air. A wicked smile is on his lips as he notices my dazed expression before his eyes soften at the sight of my round belly. He crouches down and lifts my top that is stretched over my protruding stomach.

Last week, we found out that we are going to be parents to a baby boy. Neither of us could wait and we both wanted to find out what the gender of our child was. Somehow, I had known from month two that we were going to have a boy but Vulcan insisted that our first child will be a girl. Regardless, when he heard the gender he became very emotional like myself.

Caressing my stomach, he presses a gentle kiss to my skin. Vulcan likes to talk to our son throughout the day and he has been extremely loving and protective of me during these three months. As I struggled to accept the fact that I have gained weight or when I was feeling very emotional or tired some days, Vulcan was always there to lift my spirits.

He has been exceptionally supportive and went above and beyond in caring for me. Most of the time, I would catch him reading books on pregnancy and parenting that I had bought. I found it unbelievably sweet that he put my well being on top priority. Sometimes, he would come home to see me crying my eyes out on the couch when I felt insecure about my weight gain. He would chase my fears and doubts away and pamper me until I felt good about myself again. I couldn't ask for a better husband.

But now, I'm ready to pop and I cannot wait. The process of going into labor is daunting and I'm terrified, but I want to see my son more than anything else. It's like he isn't ready to come out! Grabbing a square of chocolate, I take a potato chip and pop them both into my mouth. Ever since I woke up, I had been craving this combination and am now satisfied. Vulcan and I make sure that our baby is getting the proper, healthy nutrition he needs to grow but sometimes, I can't resist indulging in weird combinations of foods that taste like pure heaven to me.

I glance at my mate only to see him staring at my food with a look of disgust, causing me to become defensive. "It's good! Try some."

He declines, shaking his head with an amused smile as he stands and makes his way towards the fridge. I groan when he starts taking out fruits, I had them in the morning and I'm only in the mood for potato chips and chocolate right now.

"Vulcan," I whine, making his shoulders shake because he knows what I'm going to say. "If you love me, please put them back."

"I do love you sweetheart, that's why I'm giving you something healthy to go with your little snack." He counters, making me huff as I stand.

"Fine, just don't put – oh!"

He whirls around, green eyes blazing with concern as he notices me standing awkwardly in the middle of the kitchen. Water pools on the floor by my feet and the sight of it makes his eyes widen in alarm. I curl my arm around my stomach, relieved that my baby decided it's time to grace us with his presence but also trying not to panic.