Bonus Chapter #1

Important Note: Aurora is now 22 years old and a University graduate.

Aurora Maxwell's P.O.V.

The sky is painted with hues of candy pink and purple as I pull up into the driveway of my home this evening. Turning off the ignition, I grab my things and get out of the car, locking it before I make my way inside. Vulcan is nowhere to be seen when I walk further into the house, but I can sense him.

Deciding on changing first, I rush up to my bedroom and change into comfortable lounge wear. Letting my hair down, I put on some cozy slippers before making my way downstairs. As I reach the last step, Vulcan's scent beckons me outside.

Following the strong need to be with him, I walk past the kitchen and open the back door to see him in his beastly form. He turns at the sound of my footsteps, a smile blooming on my lips as Vladimir's eyes connect with mine. After reassuring Vulcan that it's okay to let his beasts out around me, he lets them free more often.

"Angel." His voice is a low rumble in my mind, red eyes following every move of mine with interest as I make my way over and sit next to him on the steps leading down to the garden.

"Hello, Vladimir." I greet softly, resting my head on his shoulder.

He hums in satisfaction, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and pulling me closer. Vladimir is always colder than Ruxin but I don't mind it. He pulls my top away and presses kisses to my mark, making me shiver at the burst of heat within me. I whimper softly when he pulls away, my cheeks coloring in embarrassment over how needy I'm being. He smiles softly, bright eyes taking in every little feature of mine, as if committing it to memory. Pulling away, he brings a gorgeous red rose forward, making me gasp.

I take it from him, smelling its fresh scent. The petals are soft and vibrant of the red color, the stem free from any thorns that could prick my finger. I murmur a quiet thank you to which he just nods, before placing the rose behind my ear. He moves closer and presses a gentle, lingering kiss to my cheek. But then, he stills. His body moves as he inhales and suddenly, he is pulling away with a frown. I stare at him, wondering what is wrong. 

The red in his eyes darkens as he moves closer to my neck and inhales. Pulling away, an angry growl escapes him, his lips pulling up into a deadly sneer. I frown in confusion over his sudden change in mood.

"Mate doesn't smell like me." Vladimir growls and I suddenly realize why he is so angry.

I sigh before intertwining our hands, dark eyes connecting with light grays. "Vladimir, we've been over this before. I work in an office where there are both men and women."

I graduated from university with a degree in Law and this is my first year working at a firm. Being in a different state whilst completing my studies was hard on both Vulcan and I, but we made it work. He was so supportive of everything I did and I didn't feel any pressure when I was deciding on which college to attend, even if it was miles away from him. I cherished the memories of when either Vulcan or I would drive the few hours to see each other for a day or two. Being with each other after a lot of waiting made the visits even more special.

Whilst I was at university, I wore a promise ring Vulcan had given me before I left. I knew immediately that it was for his peace of mind to ward off the college boys. After I graduated with my degree, we got married with a beautiful wedding in the woods surrounded by nature. But regardless of having his ring on my finger, Vulcan is still the same man who can easily become jealous over me receiving attention from the opposite sex.