Chapter 8 - I'll be waiting

Isabella's POV.

I stood still, not able to move. 

I felt numb at what I had just witnessed before me; confused at how a simple night had turned into such chaos. 

I think what had disturbed me the most was watching George hold a gun tightly in his hand before vanishing out of the door. I didn't know why he owned one or where he had gotten it from but it made my whole body fill with fear.

What was happening?

What had I gotten myself caught up in?

I had told Sophie I was going to stay away from both guys and now I was truly wishing I hadn't gone back on my word. I couldn't unsee the actions I had witnessed tonight. They would be engraved in my mind and haunting my dreams for a very long time.

"You okay?" A soft voice suddenly captured my attention and I turned to see Matt stood there looking at me cautiously, as if I may shatter to a million pieces if he got too close. 

Among all of the madness though, hearing a more calmer tone eased a little bit of the fear within my body. I knew this guy worked alongside these other individuals and I knew I should have been just as terrified in his presence however, he gave the most security right now. That was definitely what I needed.

"George has got this covered, don't worry. Just stay with me, it'll all be fine."

As the voices outside were raised further, as they all yelled hatred at one another, I felt that panic returning once again.

"What is this?" I exasperated, taking a step back and trying to distance myself as far from the front door as possible.

Matt just stared down at me, trying to sum together some sort of explanation which obviously wouldn't give too much away.

"Those guys outside, James too..." He began, emphasising James' name strongly, wanting me to be aware that he was a big issue in this. "...are not the kind of people you should be hanging around with."

I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, glancing back up at him and hoping he would continue. So far he was just filling me in on things I had already been told by George, but chose to ignore.

"I mean it Isabella. When George told you to stay away from them he didn't mean it to be selfish. He meant it to protect you."

"But I don't even know him!"

"That doesn't matter. You just need to trust us."

My head was currently pounding with question and uncertainty. There were so many things I wanted to scream at Matt to demand answers but instead I kept quiet. I didn't want to push it even more and add onto the stress and chaos. I knew I just had to ride it out, place my trust in Matt and George and hope that it didn't end up being the biggest mistake of my life.

*

George's POV.

As I rushed outside to witness the madness unfolding before me, I immediately lifted my gun and aimed a few shots at no one in particular, just to get everyone's attention. It seemed to have worked as I watched all figures drop each other as their eyes turned to look my way.

"Calm the fuck down." I ordered and began scanning the variety of faces, noticing Brent and Jay no longer held James hostage and instead James was stood close by to two very familiar faces indeed.

Drew Cusack and Jeff Hove.

These two additions of the Jenkins' gang were definitely members that were difficult to forget. While Jeff Hove was deceivingly smart, Drew Cusack was quite literally insane. We all liked to claim we held no fear in this lifestyle but Drew wasn't hiding any insecurities. He truly was born without a heart and frustratingly that made him incredibly good at what he did.