Chapter 5 - you need to trust me

I was swiftly tugged under George's arm and urged towards the large black car awaiting at the end of the lane. He pulled open the passenger side and waited for me to climb in yet I just stood there and didn't say a word.

George's dark eyes were focused on me and he suddenly looked overwhelmed with frustration. For some reason he seemed to think he was in charge here and that I was supposed to do every single thing he expected of me.

"Get in the car, Isabella." He bit when he realised I had no intentions of moving.

"No." I shook my head; keeping my voice poised, even though I felt anything but. "I can walk home myself."

Lifting his head up and clenching his fists, George let out an aggravated sigh as he tried so hard to compose himself. It was clear that it wasn't proving easy and he was so used to getting his own way but I wasn't prepared to give that to him right now. I needed answers.

"Why were you fighting?" I asked before he had chance to demand I do as he said once again.

If George was so adamant about coming to my rescue all of the time, I deserved to know who he was and what was happening. It was as though I had suddenly stepped into a completely different life and I was definitely hating every second of it.

"We just don't get on." Was the most unconvincing answer he was able to provide me with.

"I'm sure it's not that innocent."

Clenching his fists as he began to lose his temper once again, George didn't calm himself as much as I'd have hoped, as when he spoke his voice had suddenly risen.

"I'm not going into detail. That's all you need to know, okay? So don't ever ask me again." He bit while I tried so hard to hold my composure. "Just please stay away from James. I'm warning you."

"I don't understand why you're getting so involved in my life. I don't even know you!" I exasperated, now sharing his frustration yet for my own reasons.

I hated the fact that this violent stranger thought he could come bombarding into my life, without warning and cause so much trouble yet blame it on everyone else. I didn't understand what James had to do with any of this yet George was making it seem as though he was the biggest issue.

"You're not dating him. He's trouble." Was George's blunt reply as his eyes focused down on mine, holding my gaze.

"What if I was? I met you a few days ago, I don't know one thing about you and yet you feel like you can tell me what to do?"

As George took a step towards me so his height towered over mine, I took a step back and out of the patronising situation. I hated the height difference that loomed between us as it made winning an argument extremely difficult on my part.

However, as I moved, George caught hold of my wrists, keeping me close before lowering his head.

"Stay away from him. I mean it Isabella."

His cold words caused a shiver down my spine and my eyes began to water; the worst possible thing to be happening right now. I was making myself look weak and incapable and that's not what I wanted.

I was scared and confused yet the current lost girl in front of George didn't seem to faze him as he looked down at me with anger still etched in his features. I pulled one of my hands from his grip to wipe away a stray tear from creeping down my cheek before placing my focus back on the dominating figure in front of me.

"No." I quipped, refusing to give in. He may usually get his way on a regular basis but I wasn't willing to give that to him right now.

I hated this. I hated this unexpected change in my calm daily life as it had suddenly been overwhelmed with domineering men trying to tell me what I should be afraid of.