Chapter 28

Isabella's POV

“I've packed your stuff, we need to go now” George breathed, eyes portraying no emotion at all.  

I couldn't make sense of what I was feeling, my mind was a rush of adrenaline, pounding and throbbing disturbing my thoughts. I was hurt, confused and most of all frustrated, at the way George had been this whole night. My body was riling up with nothing but anger and hatred towards this whole situation he had laid out before me. Tensing my hands either side of me, that whale of a motion circled in my stomach. I wanted to cry, I wanted to burst into tears but I wouldn't. I wouldn't cave in, I couldn't.

“Where are we going?” I shouted exasperated, demanding answers which were clear I wasn't going to get.

George paused for a second, expressing a blank void my way before he made his way over to the kitchen cupboards where they stocked all the food. Grabbing a bag from the side he began filling it up with food and drink, throwing it in carelessly. Skimming my eyes over his muscled back I yet again tensed through fury, grabbing his bicep I began trying to force him around to face me.

After a failed attempt on my behalf I waited while he paused, looking straight ahead but not moving. I could feel his chest heaving up and down and I knew almost instantly that he was fuming. His jaw was tense but in a matter of a few seconds he had calmed himself and turned around.

“George” I was quick to try and grasp his attention before he could say a thing, or even walk away.

Running his hands over his face a number of times he lent down to put the bag on the floor. Pulling himself back up to his giant self he leaned over and took my hand, trying to lead me over to the dinning chairs to sit, but I swiftly pulled away, tugging my hand back.

“ANSWER ME!” I screamed.

I wasn't having any of this. I wanted answers and I was planning on getting them now.
He seemed a little taken back by my behaviour, obviously not use to seeing me so damn angry before, but he should realise that this way all his fault.

“GEORGE ANSWER ME!!” I yet again screamed when he just gave me a vacant stare.

I knew how angry he was, not saying a word in fear of saying the wrong thing. He was trying to compose himself from doing anything he would regret. However, I was too pissed off beyond words to accept this and wanted to bug at him more, to frustrate him as much as he had frustrated me.

This time I turned to throwing myself at him, no longer being able to contain from what I had been wanting to do. Thumping as hard as I could manage onto his chest, I expressed every bit of hatred I had for him in this moment of time. My arms were flying everywhere, every feeling inside of me leashing out. Pound after pound after pound, along with the yelling.

Just as quickly George grabbed my hands, holding them hostage while I struggled to get out of his hold.

“Stand fucking still!” He roared, finally his last straw blown. “I don't know what shit you think you are going to get out of lashing out on me like a fucking lunatic! Calm the hell down!”

At an instant I stopped what I was doing, my whole body froze in his hold at the boldness of his voice.

“Do you want to fucking get taken away and killed Isabella?” he hissed, pulling me closer and leaning down so our faces were nearly touching.

“Is that what you want? Because if it is I will happily stay here and let it happen! No fucking problem!”

I could hear his breathing getting heavier, his chest heaving up and down. He looked fuming, like he was ready to kill. His face held a sharp expression, one of which I had only seen when he was faced with a rival gang. My vision became blurry, head pounding, tried to prevent myself from breaking down.

“Shit” George hissed seeing that one single tear drop fall from my eye. “Baby I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry”

Releasing my hands he pulled my body into his, trying to wrap his arms around me yet I refused, pushing him away.

“Get the hell off of me!”

George stood static, holding his hands up in a surrender motion before just as quickly placing them back down at his sides.

“I'm sorry Isabella. You just need to trust me...” His voice trailed off in almost a whisper, I wouldn't have heard him if I would have shuffled my feet for a second or two.

“Trust you?” I chuckled, shaking my head. “How on earth can you expect me to trust you after the way you have been acting tonight?!”

“You treated me like shit George!” I continued, flapping my arms in the air, getting frantic.

All my emotions were running wild and those words my brother had repeated over and over again to me were finally breaking through. 'Don't ever let a guy treat you like an idiot, because you're not one. You deserve more than the best.' Whenever Dad had said anything shitty to mum that I had overheard, Joe was always quick to remind me of that line, he had said he didn't want me settling for average. He didn't want me settling to someone like Scott, and I had done just that.

George lent back against the kitchen side, letting me shout and scream whatever it was I needed to get out of my system. I didn't know if he was listening because he genuinely cared and wanted to sort this, or that he was bored shitless and just wanted me to shutup.

“I thought you loved me but as soon as that bitch” I spat the word like a piece of dirt, which in fact she was. “Came into the picture tonight, you have been horrible!”

He still didn't say a word, just nodded along, hanging his head down trying to listen before reacting.

“Do you realise how pathetic it made me feel?”

When he noticed I had just about finished, he looked up and looked at me. I mean really looked at me, and something in that informed I had finally got through to him. It took a matter of 5 minutes of silent staring before he took a step even closer, pausing before he yet again pulled me closer. He wrapped his arms tightly around me and the warmth and security of his touch almost instantly made me give in. I returned the gesture, wrapping my arms around his middle, cudding into him as much as possible. The strong scent of his aftershave mixed with smoke glided through my senses. I felt that safety return again. I felt calm.

“I am so so sorry baby” He breathed, kissing the top of my head, not letting me go. “I have treated you like utter shit and I am suppose to be giving you the world”

I may have been mistaken but I swear I heard a break in his voice, he was choking up and didn't want me to hear. He was so distracted by trying to hold up a front the whole time, that he forgot there was one person in his life who wouldn't judge him for that.

“Let me make it up to you. I made a promise and I am going to keep it.”

I didn't know what he was talking about, his route of conversation side tracking but I didn't care. The fact that he was apologising was all I needed. I nodded into his chest.

“We don't have to leave tonight Isabella. We can leave in the morning” He began, pulling away and holding me at arms length. That same feeling thumped back in my stomach, all my questions demanding to answered again, yet I couldn't bring myself to ask them.

“We have to go, but not right now.”

I completely pulled myself out of him but leaning out to take his dry hand into mine. I wasn't angry more. I was just confused. I needed more answers than he was giving me but didn't know how to push it.

“How do you know Jess?” I blurted out. The most obvious confusion of my night and I was sure he had been expecting my interigation.

I may no longer be completely and utterly pissed at him but I wasn't stupid, and I still needed to know.

“I've known her since I was 16. 5 years Isabella. She's done a lot for the gang, she practically part of it. I can't just act like she doesn't exist” He began speaking wearily, watching my face the whole time to make sure I didn't flip out.

“ Yeah she can be a bit of a bitch, but she doesn't get along too well with females. That's all. This is all new to her”

Taking my bottom lip into my teeth, I nodded my head, urging him to continue. I felt the comfort of his fingers lightly rubbing over my knuckles.

“We all made promises to look out for each other and that's exactly what we're going to do. She may act like she hates you but she's going to look out for you too.” He said, making me think about earlier tonight when she had come to my rescue from James dragging me away. As much as I hated to admit it, she had had my back then.

“Okay” I whispered softly, looking up and straight into his eyes which were now spiralling with joy. He looked relieved.

Before he had a chance to get too comfortable with the situation I thought it was best I made something clear. “She may watch my back but I still have a feeling that it's because she has to, rather than wants to. So, I don't trust her... yet.”

George chuckled, lifting our hands up and placing them palm to palm, interconnecting our fingers.

“Deal babe. You don't have trust her just yet. We can give it time”

I gave him a pointed look with the frown of my eyebrow, followed by a quick smirk to let him know I was merely joking.

“Next question” I held up a finger, enjoying the calmness we were being able to communicate in for once.

“Go ahead”

It took a few seconds before I bucked up the courage to ask because I was scared of the answer. I knew what ever was going to leave his lips was what had made him so out of his mind and furious tonight, and I didn't want a repeat of it all.

“Why are we leaving George?” I sighed, letting out a long breath.

Pausing for a moment he dropped my hand, taking one step closer and cupping my cheeks. He stared intently into my eyes, before connecting our lips. The intense moment mixed with the pure love I felt for him sent an abnormal feeling through my insides.

Breaking away only barely, so our noses were still touching, he reopened his eyes. “There are some shitty people out there Isabella and what you saw tonight was just the start. I don't want you anywhere near that.”

… and that was all he said, re-closing the gap to place his lips on mine once more we shared another long, meaningful kiss. Each other us expressing every bit of emotion we had left in us after tonight. Love, Fear, Happiness, Hatred, Anger, but most of all Trust.

“Go get in bed, i'll be up in a second.” He whispered, pecking my lips several times again before letting me go.