Chapter 18

Part 18

George's POV

“Baby wake up” I hummed in Isabella's ear as I watched her sleep peacefully in my arms. Not a care to the world, completely vulnerable and placid.

Her arm was swooped over my chest as her head buried itself into my side, our legs tangled at the bottom. I ran my fingers through her tousled hair to prevent it from covering her face and leant my head down to peck just by her right eye.

“Isabella” I soothed again, cursing at the way I was acting.

If I continued to be around this girl much longer I would turn into a big pool of mush, no longer occupying my threatening and dangerous side I use to. I was slowly but surely becoming so attached that the thought of saying one thing that would upset her, crushed me.

Last night was crazy. I'd finally gotten her to fully open up to me, letting me in on life with her brother. It was a whole different experience to what I had ever had in the past. I had never been one to let a girl in so much, care about her so deeply, that I wanted nothing more than to learn everything single thing about her.

Those three words that had echoed from my mouth, unmistakeably, but unnoticed had placed a true genuine smile on those lips of hers, making me whirl with happiness.

However, the word love managed to relay eerie chills down my spine, just at the thought of it. I was never one to love, never had been. One night stands and hookups was pretty much as far as it went for me. Even when I had been in relationships before I hadn't put any effort in, I couldn't be bothered with girls and all the complicated emotions that came along with them. That was until Isabella.

Realising that my words were not going to help in any way I decided on the next best thing, contact.

I ran my hands down the length of her face, caressing her cheek in my touch, taking a moment to just enjoy the peacefulness surrounding us. I never had this before, everything was always chaos and pretty much a whirlwind, but when it was just me and Isabella, I could catch time to think. Rolling my fingers so they stroked across her lip, I leant down, pecking several butterfly kisses to the the edge of her mouth, moving carefully across her cheeks until I reached her eyes. I hesitated before placing soft kisses to the corners, hoping to get some awake in her.

“Baby” I mumbled one more time as she took in one large breath of air through her nose, that kind you usually capture as your body falls back into consciousness.

“I know you're awake now” I grinned down at her, placing a lingering kiss over her lips before nuzzling my head into her neck, breathing in her natural scent that made my body start spinning.

Several more kisses trailed down her neck causing an appreciative moan to release from her lips, her eyes pinching tightly. I began to suck on the soft skin, pulling the blood to the surface before replacing it with a light peck. I smirked in satisfaction as her body began to arch underneath me, trying to contain herself from showing any pleasure.

“You can't hide from me forever” I huskily whispered, placing a kiss over her still closed eyes.

“Yeah I can” She breathed, finally speaking for the first time. 

“Hm you think do you?” I challenged. “Now why would you want to do that?”

“Because” She began but didn't finish.

“C'mon, open your eyes babe” I purred as she shied away, covering her face with her small hands.

“So you're going shy on me now?”

“Noooo” She longed out with slight amusement and embarrassment mixed in her voice.

“Is this because of last night?” I pried to which she didn't answer. “Because it's not anything to be shy about sweetheart. It's okay, you have every right to have a cry every now and then"

“Stooop” She sighed placing her hands over the top of my face so now I couldn't see causing me to laugh. Removing them almost instantly I was suddently met with her eyes beaded open.

“It's just.. It was...”

“It was what?”

“I just... I don't know... Like, I actually had a mental breakdown George. In front of you”