Chapter 15

"Derek Turner" George uttered bitterly taking a step closer. I peeped my head around to catch a glimpse of the guy standing tall, near to bald head and inked body. What was it with all these boys and tattoo's?

"See you in the ring" he voiced, before turning and walking off, his posé following behind.

I stood there bemused as George turned back around to look at me.

"Is that who you are fighting?" I questioned, as if it wasn't even obvious enough already.

"Yeah" He replied before turning to Matt as they began discussing tactics.

I could now say, if I wasn't petrified out of my skin before, I definitely was now. That guy looked tough. He was a few inches taller than George and looked much more prodigious.

"You can't fight him" I quickly asserted, tugging on George's arm to get his attention. He removed his focus from the conversation with Matt before turning to look at me.

"and why's that?" He challenged.

"He's bigger than you George!"

"and?"

"There's no way you're going to win against him. He'll hurt you!"

"Are you serious right now?" he breathed agitated.

I just nodded as he shook his head in disbelief.

"I can take him down easy Isabella if you let me and Matt sort out methods" He irked, obviously getting frustrated by my nagging.

Just as they started talking again I skimmed the heads in the crowd catching sight of George's opponent throwing hits at a punching bag, solid and hard.

"No way can you do this fight George! You have to be mad!!" I flustered again, this time tugging at his hand. I didn''t care how childlike I was being, I did not want to be stood amongst a crowd of drunk people finding pleasure in watching George get beat to the ground, I couldn't believe his own friends were going to let him go ahead with this.

"Isabella, Stop" he enraged holding a finger up to silence me as he carried on talking.

"No" I refused. "I'm serious, you can't do this George. I cannot believe you brought me here and thought I would enjoy watching this?!"

"It hasn't even fucking started yet!!!"

Matt squeezed George on the shoulder for support as hid breathing rose in anger.

"You shouldn't have brought her man. It's a distraction"

George looked from me and then to Matt. "Can you give us a minute?" He murmured. George took my hand, pulling me away and outside into the cool fresh air. We skimmed through the few drunkens left outside, smoking away, obviously waiting until the bell rang for the start of the fight.

"Ayyyyy Shelley ma maaaan, you're gon be sick tonight" A man bellowed over the crowd causing George to just nodd in acknowledgement.

"You not leaving are ya G?" Another asked as he pulled me past them. "Surely you can wait to fuck the girl after the fight ey?"

"Shut the hell up!" George roared, shoving him out of our way as the guy went stumbling backwards in his un-sober state.

Once we had got out of the way of everyone outside, George urged me to sit down on a wall as he stood in front. "Isabella, you seriously need to calm the fuck down" He began, placing his hands on my shoulders. "This fight today is nothing new to me... at all. I've done shit loads in the past and will carry on doing them as I please, I don't need you coming around telling me who I can and can't fight"
"But you don't seem to take into account how dangerous this is" I stressed. "You could get seriously injured"
"Yeah, but that's the risk I take. We don't do this for fun Isabella, we do this for who we are, to get our name known and to make people fear us. Do you think by me turning down a fight against someone who is a little bit bigger than me.." he spoke, putting emphasis on the word little."Is going to make us terrify people?" He questioned, knowing the obvious answer.
I shook my head.
"Exactly"
"But why does it matter what they think of you?"
"You just don't understand alright? I don't think you ever will but you gotta trust me okay?"
I let my head fall so I was facing the floor as tears pricked my eyes. This was all new to me and it was sure as hell hard to get use to. I wasn't prepared to sit back and watch anyone get beaten up, it just didn't make much sense to me how anyone could find it entertaining. Also, as much as it frustrated me that I thought this way, I was actually terrified of George getting hurt, I couldn't come to terms with how I would react and I didn't want to have to go through that. I was starting to need him much more than I had ever anticipated.
"Hey baby" He calmed lifting my chin up with his finger. "Don't cry, i'm going to be fine"
"I'm not crying" I mumbled to cover up my vunerability, causing George to chuckle.
"Alright, your eyes are just dripping water" he grinned wiping away the tears on my cheeks.
"Exactly"
"Oi Shelley!" Brent called from the doorway. "It's time"
George nodded his way before looking back down to me, sat stiff and still completely unprepared to see this.
"C'mere" He urged, opening his arms out.
I did as he said, getting up and burying my head into his chest as he wrapped his arms around me for comfort.
"I'm sorry I brought you. I didn't think... I wanted you to see me fight and to show you what an arse kicker I can be... I guess I was just being selfish"
"It's okay" I shook my head. "That guy seems a bit of a jerk anyways"