Chapter 12: When the World was Simple

Hammond and Dr. Henry Wu were sitting at a small table, it had a white table cloth with distinctions only similar to small napkins. Two cups sat on both sides of them, both had wine poured in. Forks and spooks sat next to them, as Hammond looked oddly at them.

                       "Hammond listen, for the last time it was not your-" Henry started.

                        "Yes it was Henry! Yes it damn was!" Hammond shouted back. He looked back down at the silver ware, twisting the spoon around with his finger.

                         "If I had not made this stupid idea for a park, my children, Sans, Toriel, everyone, they would not be in this mess," Hammond softly replied. Wu looked at him, and held up his glass and shook it slightly.

                          "Fine Wine," Henry stated, trying to lighten the modd. Hammond didn't respond, he was to bust twisting the silver ware.

                          "Wu," Hammond asked.

                          "Yes sir?"

                           "How on earth did they manage to reproduce...I thought they were all female," Hammond asked, curious about what he would say in return.

                           "This again?" Henry snarffed.

                           "Listen, what Undyne may have told you before about frog DNA must be false, there is-," Henry started. He stopped talking, he looked shocked, and realized something.

                           "The DNA...the frog DNA," Wu replied. Hammond looked up at him, odded out by his question.

                           "What?" 

                           "The DNA of course! That was the answer all along! The Frog DNA is why they reproduced!" Wu shouted, he lept up form his seat in joy.

                           "Really? But, how?" Hammond asked.

                           "Well, it's been known some West African Frogs can change there sex hormones in a single sex enviornment, meaning that even without physical contact they can still reproduce, it was MADE for a single sex enviornment," Wu shouted. Hammond looked at him, he was a bit baffled.

                           "We used West African frog DNA...Those were the best species to fill in the gaps! God why haden't we thought of this before?!" Hammond answered back. He was walking back and forth with his hands on his head, he was incredibly shocked.

                           "I'm sure if we can get the dinosaurs back in there pens...I can find a way t-," Wu started. He sudenlly looked at Hammond, his eyes were huge and he was staring right at him.

                           "Wu? What's gotten into you? Is everything alright?" Hammond asked. Henry kept staring, he was heavily breathing, and sweat dripped down his forhead, he started to point behind him, shaking.

                           "T-theroy c-correct," Wu told Hammond. Hammond stared back at him, when he realized what he meant, he slowly turned around, to see a small compsognathus, standing on the table cloth.

                           "Jesus," Hammond muttered. He backed up next to Henry and stood there, frightened by the small creature. The compy stood up, it wasn't afraid of them at all, it slowly lowered it's head down to look at Hammond's fingers, he swore he could see the compy licking it's lips. He silently grabbed one of the forks, and when the time came.