Time of our Destiny

Hello guyss! I know this is super late.but academics is being annoying and rigourous and I just ended my block tests. They were horrible...but anyways im free now..kind of. .. I have a month of holiday before the.next exam anyway :). enjoy the uberrr long chappie!!! please review! !!

I just want to add that the title for this chapter came from the title of an wonderrrful fanfiction on tom riddle and hermione!! I can't rmb the author but do check it out!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Grand ballroom in the Institution was lit by sparkling candlelight, small talk and twinkling laughter as the influentials gathered to show off and boast. Anxious mageling girls fussed about their appearance while assessing the competition. The atmosphere of ease and sophistication was hindered by one thing. The sense of anticipation was thick and it was not hard to see frequent glances at the entrance many stole surreptitiously.

Prince Fallon was late.

-------------

A safe distance from the ball, Kashara stood amongst the Pavilion in the Institution. She flinged stones across the surface of the lake and used her magic to make them fly. She twisted her face into a scowl as the noise streamed from the ballroom to her ears.

'They are being totally paranoid! Honestly I don't want to be his bride and the probability of me - a poor class mage - being chosen is close to zero' She complained to the trees. Now she was stuck in the frigid cold, hungry and tired listening to their exclammations of laughter and joy waft through the air like an appetiser to an feast that was never going to come.

Kashara went back to grouchily flinging stones at the lake as if they had done a great personal monstrosity to her.

-----------Fallon-----------------------------@------@-----@------@

Prince Fallon stood at the entrance to the ball. He scanned the ballroom as a wave of chatter and gossip hit him like an icy blast ( I know :p frozen song). He strode into the ballroom as a blithering moron, one of the attendants, hurried towards him babbling excitedly "Prince Fallon I'm so glad you are finally here! Everyone has been waiting for you!"

The fool could hardly keep up with his strides as he pointed out various courtiers and nobles to him. Fallon resigned himself to a monotonus time of scouring through brides from the meagre selection.

For the umpteenth the idiot had brought yet another courtier and his daughter to introduce to him. Fallon let his eyes rake over the girl. She was one of those spectacularly beautiful ones that made you feel slightly awed and nauseous at the same time . The seductive flowing dress she was wearing only emphasised her figure and curves.

'I don't mind this at all.' Fallon thought to himself as he clasped her hand and brought it to his lips. A blush broke across her face and her breasts heaved. She parted her lips in wonder. Fallon pulled her into his arms and moved to dance in the center of the room. His hands gliding over her smoothly, lingering too long in places to be considered innocent.

Meanwhile his mind probed her magical ability. 'Pitiful.' He though in disgust as he realised that she could not even hold up a defence barrier for a minute. She resisted for a while, but as soon as he entered her mind, her confusion evaporated into a semblance of contenment.

He lulled her mind into a state of peace as soon as he invaded it. He began sieving through her memories. Since she was an important courtier's daughter she might know the dynamics in court or anyone who resented the Protector. That would benefit him immensly.