Food appreciation is a deadly hobby

How does one find the kitchen? Great philosophers and geniuses have suggested the wonderful theory of "Following your nose". However Kashara had a feeling Fallon, who probably abhorred any explicit sensory overload, had no desire to suddenly stumble upon a patch of air smelling like smoked chicken or simmering stew whatnot in his castle, and had probably eliminated that solution from the equation. She highly doubted that he had not somehow smell-proofed the kitchen doors.

She wandered around the castle, when she spotted a maid scurrying along the corridor, wearing that weird uni-colour dress. Aha! Kashara triumphantly decided to follow her to the kitchens, surreptitiously though. Maids were not known for their friendliness; to her at least.

The maid however suddenly paused before a door in the corridor, looking right and left sneakily. Looks like someone doesn't want to be followed. Kashara thought and leaped behind the corridor bend next to her. Well, I'll respect her wishes and not let her know I did. Though Kashara had never seen the kitchen, she somehow doubted it sat so inconspicuously in an abandoned corridor. No. This was not going to end well for my stomach... Kashara thought as she inched closer.

She drew closer to the flowing glass door and tried peering through it. All she could make out was a tall slim man and the back of the maid embracing. Before she could gain a better vantage point, the glass door sort of clouded over and turned opaque. Looks like Miss Maid has decided to pursue a little extra curricular activity. How clandestine...

Kashara stepped away from the door. She had no idea why she was curious as to what was going on. A blush rose up as she could just imagine what was going on inside. She was now lost and still had no idea where the kitchen was. Grrrrrr... Her stomach voiced its displeasure with earth shaking grumbles. She was no stomach whisperer, but she had a feeling she knew what her digestive organ was saying.

Looks like she was going hungry tonight. She slowly tried to find her way back to her room, hoping that she would miraculously stumble across the kitchens. However, the sound of feet suddenly had her turning back. The same maid had reemerged from the room. Kashara ducked back behind the corridor bend and watched her.

A tall man, wearing the robes with a court insignia stepped outside and waved to the maid. The maid looked frightened and barely managed a wave. She spoke softly "Are you sure this is necessary? I am sure His Highness will forgive you, at least for our sake. I...Don't you think this pois—"

"SHH! Careful of what you speak outside! The walls have ears! There is no other choice! Remember your promise. Now go! " The man silenced her harshly.

The maid gave one last terrified look and fled. Kashara was shocked. A nefarious plot in the action against Fallon. There was no doubt some sort of Rebellion attempting to assassinate Fallon. She steeled herself. There was only one thing to do.

Jump for joy!!Hurray!! Oh yes, if Fallon was assassinated, she could escape Demitytes. Maybe the Rebellion group might help her if she offered her assistance to their cause! Yes! Kashara could not contain her squeal of joy as she thought of her ingenious plan. The exclamation caused the man to suddenly poke his head and look at the corridor from his room. Kashara clasped a hand over her mouth and hid behind the corridor as the maid passed by her hiding place.

She was sure this would work.Yes! But how to approach the man? He might not believe her. He would not believe her. She had to proof her honesty to him and to the Rebel Group. How could she do that? Kashara thought... Maybe bring a lock of Fallon's hair to them? Or maybe something more substantial...like his arm or his leg?

Well that was going to be difficult...Maybe I should stick with his hair, or actually how about his clothes? That had to be easier, and I wouldn't even have to look at Fallon's face. And get tempted to jump his bones off, a vice added.Yes, avoiding contact with Fallon was better. That way, she wouldn't be tempted to call off her mission and suddenly give him mouth to mouth resuscitation, especially when she might have likely poisoned him in the first place.