Chapter 1

Lumine's   POV

    I woke up and checked my phone to see what time it was. (7:30) ugh I woke up late kody's probably still sleeping. I got up and dressed as I was putting on my shirt I noticed a scratch " Huh? I never remember getting cut before." Shrugging it off I opened my door to see kody walking out his door dressed. "Ooh uhh kody your up." He looked at me like I was an idiot but I got used to that. "Well yeah because...  oh right YOU forgot to wake me up. But I do prefer to be waken up by an alarm than you." He rolled his eyes and went downstairs.

      I got so confused if he didn't like to be waken up by the alarm clock but rather choose me? That was the first time kody chose me over something even though it was an alarm who likes alarms. right? I went downstairs we had to leave at around 8:00 and kody's dad left us or me stuff to make breakfast I asked kody and he said he'll have eggs. As I was making them I thought I caught a glimpse of kody smiling at me then looking back down. That was the first time kody ever smiled at me I did the rest of the cooking smiling too.

As I finished I put the egg on kody's plate "Here you go" I said putting the rest of the eggs on my plate. "This doesn't have any poison or like cockroaches in it. Does it?" Kody asked I looked at him with a little frustration " NO I wouldn't do that you saw me make it!" Then I mumbled under my breath. "And besides I worked really hard." I sat down eating my eggs.

      After we finished I put the dishes in the sink and we left to school. The breeze hit me when I went outside making me shiver. Kody was walking and I saw him shaking while he walked. Kody was very weather sensitive if he wasn't wearing warm clothing he would get sick. And couldn't go to school for 2 weeks! I walked up further catching up "Kody" I said looking at him. He looked at me "What?" I looked at him and looked at my coat and took it off. Kody took a step back "W..what are you doing?!"

       I looked at him and gave him my jacket. "You looked cold so I thought this might warm you up." He looked at the jacket and took it. "Ok" he mumbled under his breath I was always used to him pushing it back and telling me to stop being his mother. Was he ok he really wasn't acting like himself.