BND|Flutter

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y -
F L U T T E R

Clarification : Some people are confused with the last chapter. I'll just put it here. The last chapter was Star's nightmare. It was a dream. Yume, Panaginip!

"M-marco?" I croaked, my eyes squinting while I tried to adjust against the light beaming through my binds.

His face was so close but that wasn't the thing bothering me--his eyes were glinting concern behind those tight lips. "You were crying," he stated, calmly.

And a second later, my fingers were trailing from my cheeks. They were indeed stained. So if Marco's here and I'm crying--doesn't it mean. . .?

"Do you hate me?" I reluctantly asked, my eyes staring against his.

My heart was palpitating and his lips were sealed close. I waited in anticipation, anxiety getting  the best of me.

Instead of answering my question, he replied. "You only  have ten minutes to get ready."

And that was the only thing that made me scram out of bed in such a hurry that I almost slipped due to my duvet on the floor.

///

"This isn't a dream right?" I questioned Janna for the second time.

"You're damn annoying," she irritably replied, her teeth clenching.

I sighed and slumped on my shoulders. I couldn't exactly be sure if this was a dream or this was reality.

The pain and raw emotion I felt was surreal that I felt my heart ache just thinking about it.

"Are you all set?" the stage director asked, her eyes waiting for approval.

I nodded, gripping with my sweaty palms. I hope this isn't another dream.

///

"This is an original composition of mine, it's entitled 'Yui'," I said on the microphone before the drumsticks bashed against one another and then the music started.

~Why do you keep on pushing me?

Why can't you just be frank with how you really feel for me
So that I might be able to forget you?

Why do you sometimes  get so close
That my heart is palpitating fast
That I can't understand what's your motive?
Just a kiss, then you'll leave
And I'll be damned to really know!

Can there be you and I?
After all the troubles we've been through?
Can I really know behind that mask of yours
That's longing to be mine

Can't we just end this shit
If you really don't feel the same
I'm trying to really understand you 
But if you won't
Then  that's fine
Still I love you

"And the last one is 'You, Me and Us!" I gripped on my microphone, catching my breath.

. . .

"Star."

Just his brief yet velvety voice made me shiver from my spine. I met his eyes and watch in confusion as he sat beside me.

Then it started kicking in, the fear. . the dream.

What if my dream was warning me about this?

I took a deep breath, my heart refusing to calm down as I waited for his brash comments that could ruin me apart.

"You wrote that?"  he casually asked.

"Y-yeah, why?" I reluctantly replied, my fingers beginning to sweat in fear.

"For a dumb blonde girl, you sure have a talent for composing songs," I whipped my head to meet his face with utter confusion as I see him looking at me without any sign of contempt. It was surprising.

"Should I take that as a compliment or an insult?" I raised a brow.

He chuckled sourly, his unreadable hazel eyes stared against my face. It was as if he was reading my soul as well. "I got your memo," he murmured too soft for his own good.

My forehead scrunched in confusion, but before I could ask he cut me off. "Close your eyes Star," he ordered with sweetness in his tone that it made my heart beat so rampantly and countless butterflies in my stomach started to churn.

I obeyed him, my thoughts scrambled everywhere and thinking about his lips. My heart was drumming so loud on my chest and my entire body was on fire when his fingers grazed my cheeks.

Eventually, I found the answer.

When his soft lips damped against my own.

Don't forget to vote and comment.