BND|Blind Date

C H A P T E R  F O U R T E E N -
B L I N D   D A T E

"Where are you going?"

I took a deep breath, not even sparing a glance. I don't need to tell him. It's none of his business anyway.

"Somewhere," I replied, my voice distant as I avoided trying to look at him in the eye.

I was headed to the front door when he clasped his hand on mine, then whirled me around, making me turn around and look into his hazel eyes.

His lips were pursed and he raised a brow as his eyes were storming in anger. I look away, trying to yank his hand off mine but his hold was too grip. "Are you playing deaf right now? Didn't I ask you where you are going?"

"I heard you alright!" I hissed, frowning as I squirm from his grip. "---I don't need to tell you where the hell I'm going. You're not my mother, let alone my boyfriend!"

He released the hold from my arm, taking a step backward and sneered. "Fine. Go. I don't care if you die somewhere with your stupidity!"

I scowl, screeching back. "Curse you, Diaz!"

I turned my heel and head towards the front door, opening it with force and slammed the door behind me with a loud thud that was enough to wake up the neighbours.

F you Diaz!

///

"Hello, I'm Star Butterfly," I introduced myself with a polite smile, trying to brush off the stray locks of hair on my face as I glanced at the man in front of me.

He looked much older than me, maybe twenty or twenty-two. He had a stubble under his chin and it made him looked manly---yet gorgeous. His eyes was the greenest eyes I've ever seen. I was so lost in admiring his beauty that he waved a hand in front of me.

I quickly blushed and coughed. He smiles, extending his hand to mine in a friendly manner.  "Madoux Jameston."

I grabbed for his hand and shook it, then he lifted my hand and pressed his lips on it, making me turn red as I chuckle wryly.

. . .

"So what made you go on a blind date, Star?" Madoux inquired, propping a hand under his chin as he eyed me in interest.

I chuckle sourly, scratching the side of my cheeks. "It may seem shallow, but I wanted to forget the guy who I really liked."

"It seems that no matter how I tried, he'll never spare a glance my way and I realized that why should I continue to chase someone who wouldn't love me."

I flickered my gaze back to Madoux, trying to change the subject lightly. "How about you, Madoux? With your redeeming qualities, I'm surprised you went on this blind date."

He pursed a smile, I could tell it was forced. "I wanted to forget my ex as well. I loved her so much but she cheated on me."

My eyes widened still, mouth gaping as I stared at him in guilt. I shouldn't have asked. "I'm sorry."

He lets out a faint smile, waving his hand off. "It's alright," he reassured.

"Star, about that guy..I think he has feelings for you too," he smiled faintly.

I scrunched my forehead in confusion. "I don't think so. I mean he's been muttering hurtful words to me and been pushing me aside and I think that's enough to know that he's not interested."

He breathed. "Based on what you told me, I think that guy must like you."

"I know it seems twisted, but there are some guys out there who don't really say their feelings out loud," he explained. "--they may seem brash, but their actions would differ. For example, he gave you his jacket right when you were soaked wet?"

"But it's because he didn't let me ride in his bicycle!" I frowned, remembering how icky I felt.

"But he let you ride on it later, right?" Madoux smiled.

"It may not seem obvious, but I think he's concealing his feelings," Madoux eyed me. "---so don't give up yet. When you think he really doesn't, then you can give up."

"He doesn't like me," I smiled faintly. "--I know that very well."

"Did you two ever kissed?" he says bluntly, not even a trace of shame on his face.

My cheeks turned furious red. "W-what are you saying?!"

Madoux grinned, snapping his finger. "You did kissed."

I stammered, my cheeks fury red. "H-he, uh, said it was because he was saving my friend by being kissed to someone like me!"

Madoux mused, cocking a brow. "Hmmmm. Really?"

I nod furiously. "It was because of a play! I was instructed by Holly to kiss my friend and he suddenly just kisses me out of nowhere!"

"Isn't it obvious? He's jealous," he pointed his fork at me with macaroni on it.

"But how can I tell if he really loves me when all he does is hurt me?" I frowned.

"Then hurt him back," he says casually, eyeing me intently. "--two can play that game, or what they say."

. . .

I actually had fun with the blind date. Madoux was really a kind person and we promised to stay in touch, but I don't know if I could trust him that he is right about the things he said.

I slowly opened the door, my eyes darted at the television blasting and on the couch was Marco sprawled on.

He was too immersed in watching the show he didn't notice me coming.

I sighed. "I'm home."

Silence.

I took one last glimspe at him before forcing myself to walk upstairs.

Madoux is wrong, Marco will never love me.

Don't forget to vote and comment.