Blaise shook his head. "No way. You can leave me out of this. I'm not going to make any deals with you." Making deals with Pansy was the equivalent of selling your soul and watching helplessly as you watched your life crumble away before your very eyes.

Pansy smirked and tapped her chin with a manicured nail. "It would be a shame if a certain rumor suddenly broke out..."

"You better not!" Blaise fumed. "If I get when a little wind of a  little rumor going around I will personally make sure that you are dealt with."

"That's a shame Blaise, but I think that it is safe to simply say that you owe me a favor or else risk your life becoming much more... difficult." Pansy trailed off.

"Fine," Blaise gave in, and he realized that he had been doing that a lot lately. "I owe you a favor. Now I'm leaving to my class." It was always safest to leave before Pansy was able to make your life any more miserable.

⚫⚫⚫

"Today we are brewing a simple strengthening potion," Snape announced that afternoon. His silhouette against the sun outside of the windows gave him an intimidating and dramatic appearance. He was glaring daggers at the Gryffindors' direction as usual.

"Since this seems to be so difficult for many of your peers, I am required to place you into pairs in hopes of better results... I hope that you will not fail as the previous classes have managed to do."

Pansy rolled her eyes and met Blaise's eyes from a few seats away. She swept her robes, brushed her hair back, and pulled her lips into a snarl mockingly, making Blaise have to hold back a laugh. She was one of the few Slytherins that strongly disliked Professor Snape, other than himself.

"Don't get too excited," Professor Snape raised his voice even though no one in the class had even uttered a word. "I will be choosing your partners."

Everyone was (still) silent. After five years of having Snape as a teacher, one kind of got used to disappointment. It was almost guaranteed, actually.

"Potter, with Draco," Snape sneered, and Blaise and Pansy tried not to laugh too hard when the potion partners exchanged friendly smiles cross the room.

After a while of Snape staring at the pair with shock and confusion, he continued to list off names from a piece of parchment. "Longbottom with Finnigan."

"Professor," Weasley called from the back, "Both Dean and Seamus are not attending classes today."

"And why is that?" Snape inquired.

"B-because-" the boy started.

"Because they are both, er, bedridden," interrupted Potter with a small smile. Pansy and Blaise exchanged glances and smirked. Dean and Seamus definitely had something going on, and they had been discussing how long it would take for them to get together, not to mention the fact that Terry Boot had just lost a five galleon bet. To both of them.

"Score," Pansy mouthed.

"Fine," Snape sighed. "Then I will pair Longbottom with..." He glanced around the room and pointed. "Zabini."

Blaise smiled at Neville who turned slightly pink. Probably because of how their last conversation had ended with Blaise hightailing his way out of the infirmary like the absolute fool he was.