2 - FLEEING THE CELLS

Start from the beginning

"I..." Emma stopped herself, hesitating for a moment to find the right words since Emma couldn't just tell Teresa that she was from the future. Emma eventually decided on replying with the simplest answer. "I just want to help. You could bleed to death."

"Yeah, well that beats sticking around in this cage for who knows how long," Teresa grumbled as she stretched out her legs to get comfortable. She had a feeling she was going to be in her cell for quite some time.

"We're being executed tomorrow, and I'm assuming you are now, too."

Teresa frowned. Or perhaps I won't be here for a while. She didn't want to die; she still had so much to experience. She was only fifteen, afterall. She has barely lived. "Well, I guess there is no point in bandgaing up my wound now, is there?"

Emma frowned. "You are rather strange for a kid, you know that? How old are you anyway?"

"First: I'm not a kid, so don't call me one, second: I'm fifteen, and third: why the hell do you care whether I let you bandage up my wound if we're going to be executed tomorrow?" Emma was left speechless. She didn't know what to say.

"I'd rather bleed out in here than give Regina the satisfaction of executing me," Teresa continued.

Emma smiled slightly, nodding her head. She could tell why her parents liked her so much. Emma had never met Teresa before in Storybrooke due to Teresa having died, but after Emma read Henry's storybook, she has always wanted to thank Teresa for saving her father at the castle the night she was born. If it had not been for Teresa, she wo

It was silent, until Emma decided to introduce herself to the teenage girl who saved her parents' lives. "I'm Leia."

Teresa looked up and met her gaze. "Teresa."

"I'd say it's nice to meet you, but given the circumstances I'll just leave it at my name," Emma said with a hint of a smirk playing on her lips.

Teresa hummed in a agreement. "So why are you here, Leia? What did you do to get yourself thrown into the Evil Queen's dungeon?"

Emma smiled slightly. "I was at the ball and I seen you and Snow White escape. This guard was going to shoot you guys with an arrow, so I tried to intervene, but apparently I didn't do a good job. Sorry about your back."

Teresa sighed. "It's fine. Better me than Snow. She got away for good, right?"

Emma nodded. "Yeah, Snow White is safe."

"Good."

─────

"What's that?" Asked the woman in the cell on the other side of Emma. Teresa had learned that she was here not long ago, and that her name was Marian. Apparently she had knew where her and Snow were and wouldn't tell the Evil Queen, thus she was put in the dungeon to be executed tomorrow.

Teresa looked over at Emma to see her holding something in her palm. "It's my parents'. I guess you could call it their wedding ring," Emma replied to her questionable gaze.

"And they entrusted you with it?" Asked Marian Hood.

"Sort of. I need to get it back to them."

"Being away from family is a terrible, terrible thing," Marian said, sadness laced within her words. It made Teresa's heart hurt, for she knew just how true those words were.

Emma frowned, sadly. "Yeah, it is."

"The longer I'm separated from them, the pain doesn't dull. It worsens. Maybe, 'cause I know I'll never see them again."