21| Go

٥٥٥
Vote
Share
Comment
٥٥٥

Always something brewing at Casa De La Cole

"Sorry about all that" I sigh, handing over a packaged ice cream sandwich to Pedro. He presses it over his blackened bruised eye. My eyes skim the clean hole punched through the wall behind him. Followed by the large dent created by Pedro's head. I pout at him, this is all because of me.

"Trust me I've been through much worse" he shrugs.

"Pedro, I don't think it's safe for you to hang around me, you have to get out of all of this alive so you can be in your son's life."

"Don't worry about me, I'm hard to kill, nothing on the face of this earth is going to stop me from being there for my son." He smiles, winces at the pain then applies more pressure.

"How can you be so sure?"

He shrugs. "Because I love him, and that's more powerful than anybody's hate or anger."

I shake my head. How does he manage to be so positive even in the worst of situations? "I've never met anyone like you Pedro." I say.

"It's the weed" he shrugs, and we both burst into laughter.

"You didn't even flinch once!" I think back to the whole ordeal. I shake my head, regarding him with disbelief.

"With guys like Cole you can't show weakness, he lives for that shit." He shakes his head "trust me, I've been in much worse situations."

I huff, filling my lungs with hollow air. "I don't know, Cole is just-" I start to say.

"Look I'm not stupid." Pedro cuts me off. "I know there's something going on between you two, don't try to deny it." He says.

My face stings with embarrassment. But there isn't anything going on... or is there?

"Cole is a pretty boy" He says  "but he's also a fuckboy, he doesn't want anything but to possess you like one of his fucking groupies. A lot of us that grew up with no father... we're real messed up in the head you know, we don't value healthy relationships and shit, we want everything toxic, complicated, and difficult." He continues. "Don't be like all these other girls,  run over your own stupidity, you're smarter than that shit."

I look down at my hands, refusing to make eye contact with him. I twiddle my thumbs and pout at the expensive countertop.

"Hey, don't worry about it, I just want you to be careful," his voice softens, then he playfully flings the ice cream sandwich at my face.

"Hey!" I shout back, flinging the half-melted sandwich back in his direction. I watch hopelessly as it misses him by several inches.

"Ummm... yeah I hope your aim won't be that bad during the fight" he teases.

"Shut up Pedro!" I chuckle.

"Speaking of the fight, we better get going we have to stop by to get Gino"

٥٥٥

The crowd roars furiously. The excitement can be heard from a mile away.

The crisp air weighs me down along with the assailing butterflies that just won't go away.