Part 20

Just letting you guys know, Camren's conversation in this chapter had been written years ago. Back when I first started this story. I had planned to end it there, but decided to have a epilogue which should be written next.

I had waited so long to get to this part. Finally! (You'll see why.)

-

"Lauren!" Dinah shouted, as she and Normani ran to their daughter. Lauren was leaning against Camila, the pain on her face evident. The formerly compelled vampires had stopped fight, and were confused. Camila's vampire family rushed to their leader and her mate.

Normani looked at the spot Lauren was stabbed and sighed in relief. "She's going to be okay. It didn't reach her heart. Lo, this is going to hurt," Normani whispered, grabbed the stake and pulling it out, causing Lauren to groan. "Can someone get her some blood or something? She's going to need some." Normani looked into Lauren's green eyes. "Have you fed at all?"

Lauren shook her head. "I-I don't know how."

Normani nodded her head. She looked to Troy. "Go, get someone so Lauren can feed. And be fast."

"I-I don't want to kill-"

"You won't kill anyone. We'll make sure of it," Dinah whispered, running her hand through Lauren's hair.

The baby vampire nodded her head, as she leaned into Camila.

"I'm sorry," Leigh-Anne said, looking down at Lauren, having stabbed her. "I-I couldn't control myself."

Camila looked at the vampire to see the guilt on her face. She sighed. "It wasn't your fault. Austin caused all this."

"Do you think he'll be happy?" Lauren asked, staring at Austin's dead body.

"Why should we care?" Dinah asked, glaring at the vampire who caused her daughter a lot of pain.

"Because he was hurting. He wasn't always a bad guy. He was actually really sweet, but then he lost his mate, and his sire used him as a toy. Life made him into a bad guy. That could've happened to anyone. It could have happened to Camila."

"You know, I think you're the only one who really knew Austin, not even me and I've known him for over five hundred years," Camila whispered, pulling Lauren closer to her (causing Lauren go whimper in pain).

"I'm sorry about your family," Lauren told Lucy, who was staring at her dead cousin.

"They weren't my family, not anymore. You guys are my family," Lucy said, smiling at Camila.

The oldest vampire smiled back.

Troy returned with a human. Lauren reluctantly drank from him.

-

"What's going to happen with you guys?" Ally asked the other seven vampires. Lauren's stab wound was healing from the blood she had drank, Hailee's arm had to heal. The others were just taking a breather, letting the emotions that were on a high to come down.

Perrie shrugged. "We've been under Austin's control for so long, I think we're just going to see what life has to offer, you know?"

"Maybe find our mates," James added, looking at the couples.

Ally grinned. "We wish you luck. If you ever need us, we'll be around."

"What's going to happen with me?" Lauren asked, curled up next to Dinah.

"What do you mean?"

"I can't go back to school. I can't be around humans anymore. My life, my old life is over," Lauren said, frowning.