Part 12

You'll read so many background here. Hope you guys enjoy this.

-

Lucy watched as Lauren slept. The girl had lost a lot of blood, but the doctors were able to help her.

She felt Shawn put his hands on her shoulders. "She's going to be fine."

"I know. But I can't believe he got to her. He was able to kidnap Lauren and stab her."

"We just have to watch her even more now," Shawn answered, leaning down so he could kiss Lucy's cheek. "She's fine, and we won't let him get to her again. Someone will be with her at all times."

"She's not going to like it."

"As long as she's safe, it doesn't mater," Shawn responded, moving to sit on the chair next to Lucy.

Lucy leaned over and curled up at Shawn's side, waiting for Lauren to wake up.

-

Camila paced, anger coursing through her body. She wanted to find Austin. She wanted to find him and rip him apart. She punched the wall, creating a hole.

"You'll have to pay for that."

Camila looked over to see Dinah standing there.

"Should you be with Lauren?"

"Mani, Lucy and Shawn are with her. I was told I should come check on you."

"I'm fine."

"Yeah, and penguins fly."

"You don't like me," Camila shot, glaring at the vampire in front of her.

"I don't like the fact that you're Lauren's mate. I don't like how you treated her when you were pushing her away."

"I had to. Look at what is happening because you were all telling me to get close to her," the older vampire snapped, clenching her fists.

"The fact that you were being a bitch and neglecting your bond with Lauren was hurting her. She was having asthma attacks every night. So yeah, I wanted you to get close to her," Dinah growled, taking a step closer to the other woman.

Camila glared at the vampire.

Dinah sighed. "I know you are hurting. I am too. She's my little girl. Normani and I, we raised her. Her first step, her first word, when she lost her first tooth, when she threw her first punch, we were there. And we've seen Lauren hurt before. It always hurts, seeing her lay in the hospital bed, wires connected to her."

"Lauren's going to die," Camila dropped, her voice void of any emotion.

Dinah's head shot up. "What are you talking about?"

Camila's broken eyes connected with familiar colored eyes. "She's going to die. Austin has killed people in my life before. He's not going to stop until Lauren is dead. He always wins."

"He has a group of us to fight."

"He's older. He's stronger. He can compel young vampires, he can compel Lucy, Hailee, Harry and Shawn. And I am not going to fight my family."

Dinah sighed. "We'll beat him. We aren't going to lose Lauren."

"I have to tell you something."

-

"I was in my town, minding my own business, when these men just came in with guns."

Troy looked at his scared family. He could hear the bangs outside. He could hear people screaming for help. As much as Troy wanted to help those people, but he had to take care of his own families.