Chapter 18

Chapter Eighteen: Getting ready

I opened the closet in the hotel and there it was. It was the perfect outfit. I smiled and strolled to the window in my room. I opened it and stuck my hand out, checking the weather. It wasn't too cold at all and that settled my decision to wear the outfit.

I opened the bathroom door and grabbed my make-up bag. After having a shower and washing my face, I applied my usual base make-up which consisted of foundation and concealer etcetera. Then I applied a bronze, light-looking eye shadow with a darker brown in the crease. I grinned at how natural it looked.

I then applied eyeliner, mascara, blusher and bronzer. You could say that I went a bit 'full on' with my make-up but I thought that it looked okay.

I, then, had the worst decision to make. Should I wear a clear lip gloss or a coloured gloss? I eventually settled on a nude- coloured lip gloss and it was perfect. I glanced at myself in the mirror and I was satisfied.

I glimpsed at the clock and it was 6:30pm. I had applied my make-up way too early but it gave me time to relax before the date. I was just about to click 'Casablanca' on the films menu when I heard a knock.

'Who would knock at this time?" I thought but I should have known.

I opened the door to find a smiling Bam. Ryan was behind him.

"What's up, cousin?" Bam said, walking past me and into my room. I rolled my eyes. Ryan looked at me and seemed surprised.

"Are you going out somewhere?" He asked, strolling in after Bam.

"Yes." I replied, shutting the door after him.

"You look nice." He then said, smiling. I gratefully smiled back.

"How old are you seriously, Lana? Casablanca? Really?" Bam said, grabbing the remote and jumping onto the bed. He clicked the 'classics' menu off the screen and clicked 'comedy'.

"I've wanted to watch it for a while. You know that I like old movies." I replied whilst Ryan sat on the bed next to him.

"Where are you going anyway, Lana?" Ryan asked, they both turned to look at me. Bam hadn't realised that I had make-up on and had only noticed now. He had the same expression that Ryan had.

"Urmm, on a date." I said, somehow nervous and I didn't know why. I think it was because I hadn't been on a date for a while. Well, since Michael anyway.

"Really? On a date?" Bam said and I seemed offended.

"What? Why can't I go on a date?" I replied, rapidly.

"No, it's just that I thought you said that you didn't want to for some time, you know, after..." He inhaled, "Michael."

"Well, I've changed my mind." I said, trying to look independent and powerful. Ryan chuckled.

"Well, good for you, Lana." Ryan said, grinning and I was happy that someone cared that I was going on a date again.

"Thank you, Ryan." He looked back at the television. "Really, Bam? Really?" He asked, sarcastically.

I glanced at the screen and saw the Jackass crew running from a pack of bulls. Jackass number two. I then heard the 'Jackass' guitar riff and started giggling.

"Do you love yourself, Bam?" I asked, opening the mini-fridge and grabbing a bottle of water. I didn't want to eat anything to make sure that I was hungry for what Johnny had planned.

"No. I just like watching it. It's like reliving memories that you will never get back." He said, still watching the television. 'The puppet show' stunt started the movie and featured Chris Pontius' penis dressed as a mouse and being dangled in front of a snake by a string that Johnny was controlling. I cringed when the snake lunged at it and bit it, not letting go.

"Deep... But true." And I stopped myself, realising what I had just said. Bam realised it too. It was what I said to Bam when we had our most memorable conversation in April and Phil's back garden a few years ago (Chapter 10) We shared a sincere smile and then, I noticed the time.

"Shit." I muttered, they looked at me.

"What is it?" Ryan asked. The time was 7:20pm and I was going to start getting ready at 7.

"I need to get ready, he's coming at 8." I said, running to my closet and grabbing everything that I was going to wear.

"Who is?" Bam asked. Had he not been here for the last 40 minutes? He was dumb but I liked that about him. I giggled.

"My date. You know the person who is taking me out tonight." I said, sarcastically slowly.

"Shut up. I forgot. Do we know who he is?" He asked, concerned. Was I supposed to tell him or keep it a secret? Would it make it awkward? I didn't want to keep it from them.

"Johnny." I exhaled. His eyes widened and then went back to normal.

"Are you really going out with Knoxville?" Ryan asked, looking past Bam at me.

"Well, we are not going out. I would call it dating." I had become nervous and I noticed that it was now 7:30pm. Before anybody could speak, I said, "I have to get ready."

I hurried into the bathroom, locking the door behind me.

I was wearing the pastel pink dress that I brought with Aunt April. She said that it would attract men and I wanted to attract Johnny so I thought that it would be a win-win. I had developed a tan on my legs from being in America so I thought that the dress's length was perfect, just above my knee.

The pastel pink brought out the tan and I wore crystal white vans on my feet, they were new. The dress had medium-length sleeves and the material was slightly silky and fell nicely so I thought that I wouldn't need to wear a coat. I glanced at myself in the mirror, I was satisfied with how I looked, and then opened the bathroom door, looking for my purse.

"Lana, you look amazing." I heard Ryan say behind me.

"Thanks, Ryan." I smiled at him, grabbing my purse from the table. I threw my phone in there and my keys.

"We'll be off now." Ryan told me.

"Thanks." The time was now 7:50pm so he would knock in 10 minutes. They stood up and Bam said goodbye and left but Ryan stayed.

"Have a good time tonight." He said and I grinned, "If you need picking up or anything, don't hesitate to call me."

"Thank you, Ryan. I really appreciate it." He then hugged me tightly and then left after Bam.

I really appreciated him. I hoped that he knew that.