Chapter 10

Chapter Ten: Endless Nights

*Flashback*

"I've always thought that there was something up there. I just didn't know what." Bam started to slur. He had been describing the sky for some time now.

"Bam, you're slurring." I stated, giggling slightly.

"Leave me alone. You should drink some more. We could never have this night again so make the most of it." He explained.

"That's deep... But true." I agreed and grabbed the bottle of vodka from his hand, drinking a few more gulps.

We were in Aunt April's back garden. Her and Phil were away on holiday for a week and thought that they could trust Bam so I said that I would stay with him just to be sure.

"You do turn into a different person when you're drunk, you know?" I laughed and he turned and smiled at me.

"Do I? I hadn't noticed." He replied then took the bottle from my grip, gulping the last of it.

"Great. That's all we have left." I said, throwing the empty bottle on the patio floor.

"Shut up and come here." He stood up from the outside table in the patio and grabbed my arm, I stood up too and he led me to the grassy land that was just a step down from the patio.

When we were in the centre of the garden, he let go of my arm and sat on the ground, lying back against the mowed lawn. He gestured for me to lie next to him so I did.

"We get a better view here. It's nice, isn't it?" He asked, pointing to the sky full of glistening stars. If I tried to count the amount of stars, I would have failed. There were way too many.

"It's amazing, Bam." I whispered, the calm wind was so relaxing that night.

"Do you want to know what isn't amazing?" He said, slurring again. I rolled my eyes and turned to him.

"What?" I asked, concerned.

"My relationship." He said, very blasé.

"With Jenny?" I asked, confused. He nodded and sniffed loudly, getting upset.

"Yep. Found her in bed with another guy a few days ago." He sniffed again, he had obviously not gotten over it.

"Oh, Bam. I'm so sorry." I said, sympathetically. I moved nearer to him.

"Don't be. I'm not bothered," He turned to me, grinning. "I have given up on relationships. I always think that they are so great but they always end with arguments or getting cheated on. Let's just forget about everything right now."

He grabbed my hand tightly, "At this moment, it's just us. Me and my amazing cousin. Enjoying ourselves."

I squeezed his hand back and said, "Amen."

We lied there in the silence for a few minutes, just inhaling and exhaling the fresh air. But I would rather have stayed like that. It was peaceful.

If only it could have been like that forever.