"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm not exactly easily grossed out," I said and Desmond nodded.

"Yeah, well I am," Katherine said, grimacing.

It took a while before Ignus completed 'documenting' the body and getting some samples of the body's scent- which involved the rather grotesque process of Ignus taking a small plastic container and collecting blood samples and bits of flesh. Eventually, we had to return to the pack house, this time, Ignus, Hera, and Dalton followed behind us. Lucien then sent out an order to have someone from the pack get rid of the body.

"So if you had no result from that little encounter, what was the point of bringing us there?" Katherine asked as we entered Lucien's office once again.

"The point, was to show you that the attacker isn't scared of going after humans – and tearing people to shreds, it was also to show Auden the kind of things our kind are capable of doing when... we're not in tune with ourselves," Ignus explained.

"Meaning?"

"Bloodhounds don't have packs – but we have families – and those form clans of a very similar hierarchy. We lose control over our 'selves' in two main scenarios – from extreme hunger or from a command," he said and I folded my arms over my chest.

"And who gives out the command?" I asked.

"The main bloodline – they're our Alphas but a little... more condescending," Ignus said and I heard Hera scoff.

"So who exactly was behind the attack?" I asked, trying to keep Katherine and Lucien's faces somewhat amicable. Ignus could be a little overbearing.

"Well, we still think it's the guy we're thinking of, but he wasn't there – so it had to be a remote order – which means he's looking real hard for you," Ignus said with a sigh.

"Me? Why?" I asked and Lucien placed his hand on mine.

"Might wanna ask your dad about that one, it's not exactly my story to tell," Ignus said with a wink. "Anyways, about the tracking thing... We make sure that we get the right person by handing off a scent that belongs to the 'pack' – since the man didn't smell anything like that – it means the attacker wasn't a very highly ranked person – so he'll be manageable."

"Manageable? He hurt one of Umbra's guys," I said, glancing at Xander who kept a straight face.

"I never said he was manageable for werewolves. Unless you're trained to kill our kind – it'll be hard to murder predators like us," Ignus said with a shrug. "Especially when it's someone low-ranked and made for this kind of shït."

"You're gonna make all of our heads explode with this information," Katherine commented.

"Yes, but you were gonna come across it either way – and we're really the only ones that can help you out of this situation," Ignus said with a smile. "If you want to keep Auden here, of course." I raised an eyebrow.

"Of course," Lucien said, pressing his lips into a thin line. I squeezed his hand and sighed.

"I can't possibly be the only reason that whoever-it-is is hitting Umbra," I said and Ignus smirked.

"You'd be surprised how petty we bloodhounds can be."

"And now you're just freaking me out," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Does this mean we can stay here?" Dalton asked, looking around.

"What do you think?" Lucien asked, looking to Katherine who had her arms folded over her chest.