Beautiful

I slapped Nathan's arm repeatedly until his eyes sprung open.
     "What what? What's wrong?!" He said, alarmed, looking around.
     "Shhhhh!" I whisper shouted. "Look over there" I said pointing not far away from us. Then I looked at him, put my hand on his head and tried pushing him down so we were ducking.
      I got into a commando crawl and started shuffling closer.
     "What're you doing?" He asked with an amused expression.
     "Being discreet. Shhhh!"
     He ran a hand through his hair and looked in the distance. "You look ridiculous." He said laughing with his arms crossed over his knees.
      I kept crawling while he watched me, rolling his eyes and smirking.
      "Oh shit it is them.I whispered to him.
      "Who?"
      "Alysa and Caleb,"
      "Well theyre our friends so why are you being all secretive?" He said slowly.
       "That's what you do when you spy you walnut." I said pulling tiny binoculars out of my back pocket.
       "Why do you have binoculars in your pocket...?" He asked looking concerned.
       I just smirked without looking back. Then I heard him sigh and stand up and walk over. I could sense him right behind me and he pulled me up by the crook of my arm.
      I looked at him and stuck my tongue at him. He raised his eyebrows and put himself between me and our friends so I couldn't see.
      "Fine let's go." I said turning around.
      I could sense his cocky smile behind me.

******

      A few days later, it was finally Friday, and prom was tomorrow. Every boy was scrambling around to try get last minute dates. The morons...I thought rolling my eyes. As I walked into the front door with Alysa, Rianna started charging right for us with her narwhal horn on. I moved out of the way last second and kept walking.
"WHAT THE HECK." She yelled. "It's Friday you walnuts!
"Yay!"
I laughed. "Ok, let's get to class." I said.

******

Saturday. Night of prom. It can go two ways. It can be the best night of your life, an awesome night with your friends, a romantic time with your date. No one appreciates the fact that these people wait pretty much their entire high school experience so they can have this one night to put on their most gorgeous dresses or suit, get all dolled up, and have the time oh their lives.
Then there's the opposing.
Anything could go wrong on prom night too. Pretty much having established its reputation in movies and certain situations, anything can happen. The DJ could fall off the flippin stage, one guy could pick a fight with his best friend for kissing his date, someone's caught smoking weed.
      Anything can happen.

******

All the girls and I decided to meet at my house to get ready. We were getting ready in my room, putting on a little makeup. I looked at my friends and gushed. They all looked beautiful.
Alysa had on her white dress with white heels and did a loose French braid that went over her shoulder and the girls were helping put little silver flowers in the braid.
Rianna had on her light pastel blue dress wearing matching flats. She let her black hair down, and she didn't want to put on much makeup but she put a little blush, mascara, and a soft pink lipstick. She was putting on a necklace that Tyler had given her that just so happened to go perfect with everything.
Sophia had on her light pink dress with white heels. She put on a subtle pink lipstick, a little bit of a smokey eye. Her hair was parted to the side and pinned.
I looked in the mirror. My blue dress fit perfect and the girls (whichever was best with a curling iron) styled my hair just a little and Sophia and Alysa braided a little bit of my hair into a thick braided headband with my bangs hanging out and my blue sandals somehow matched perfect. My grandma helped me do a smokey eye.
     The girls all looked perfect.
     The boys were supposed to come and pick us up so we'd all go together. Grandma took a lot of pictures and soon we heard a knock on the door and my grandma went to go answer it. The boys voices filtered through the house and they walked inside the living room where we all were. Caleb flinched and fell when he saw us and we all laughed so hard. Tyler wrapped his arms around Rianna's waist and picked her up and kissed her and whispered to her but I couldn't hear. Jo and Sophia had decided to go as friends I guess and he got her a pink rose and she looked confused, smacked his arm, and started yelling at him to just stop. I looked at Nathan and he started walking over to me. We'd also decided to go as friends since I'm lame and couldn't think who to go with. Plus I wanted to go with someone who I knew I guess.
    He took my hand and spun me around, my dress twirling around, while I laughed and tried to shove him off.
     "You look nice." said Nathan with a usual cocky grin.
     I looked at him in his black pants, navy blue button down shirt and black blazer.
     "You don't look so bad yourself." I said.
     He grinned and I looked over at Alysa and Caleb.
     "You-- um I-- Alysa--seriously you look, like, amazing." Caleb stuttered, and Jo and Nathan rolled their eyes.
     Alysa turned pink and she smiled looking down, a strand of hair fell in her face. Since middle school I noticed Caleb had also grown. Like a lot (I know right shocking). He was just a bit taller then Nathan and Jo but skinnier. His hair was still shocking blonde (that hasn't changing) but he grew it out a little in a cropped hairstyle. He was perfectly taller then her now. Anyway he reached up and tucked her hair behind her ear. She looked up at him and he smiled ear to ear. He looked so happy.
     "Ok pictures!" Interrupted my grandma.
     We all posed with each other but Sophia always smacked Jo when he touched her, but she eventually stopped. Rianna and Tyler and Caleb and Alysa kept being all gushy and I smiled, looking at the pictures my grandma took for a second.
      "Ok let's get going."