Chapter 11: The Good Life

"We are almost ready to leave", Ben stated as he walked out of the bus, "We should be able to leave by tomorrow."

"That's good!" Martin commented, "We need to get moving. Staying in the bus on the highway isn't the safest thing to do."

"It's sad that Noah hasn't even seen anything in this world, other than the bus and the highway", Jessica said as she sat down by the fire.

"Maybe we could change that", Jordan stated as he sat down beside Jessica, "How about we go for a little hike in the woods today?"

"Are you serious? We can't just walk in the woods with Noah. What if we run into a group of walkers?" Jessica questioned.

"It will be fine! If me and you were together nothing could go wrong!"

"That's a good idea Jessica", Randi stated, "That would give you three some alone time as a family."

"I guess we could", Jessica said, "We should get going soon then."

"I will pack some food and stuff. Then we can leave", Jordan said as he placed some food in a bag. He finished packing and walked up to Jessica, "Okay let's go Jessica."

"Be careful you two!" Martin called out, "If you see anything come back right away."

"We will!" Jordan called out as they walked into the bush.

"Look how beautiful this place is", Jessica pointed out, "I never knew winter could be so beautiful."

"It definetly is a better sight then walkers", Jordan replied.

"Well anything is better sight then walkers", Jessica commented as she looked down at Noah. Noah was fast asleep in her arms, trying to keep warm, "He looks just like you, Jordan."

"He has your eyes though."

"He's perfect. It's a shame that he has to grow up in this world though."

"Ya but I envy him. He doesn't know what the world was like before this. He won't have memories from the past. He will only know what life is like now."

"I guess your right Jordan. But he won't have a good life. He will be living in fear for his whole life. And he will always be in danger."

"As long as we are with him everything should be fine", Jordan reassured as he wrapped his arm around Jessica. She snuggled up to him then said,

"I hope that's true."

"It is true! You don't have to worry about a thing", Jordan stated as he kissed Jessica on the forehead, "I love you Jessica."

"I love you too, Jordan."

"You know what. We haven't had any time to ourselves since you got pregnant. How about me and you spend some time alone tonight?"

"That's a good idea, Jordan. But who would take care of Noah?"

"I'm sure Randi would love to take care of Noah for a bit."

"Okay then! It sounds like a date!" Jessica exclaimed as they walked out into an opening.

"This looks like a lake", Jordan stated, "Maybe this is the lake that Ben and Ray were talking about."

"Does that mean that we are close to the place that Josh died?"

"It might be. I'm not sure though. Ray, Ben and Travis weren't very specific."

"Well I would like to check. He was one of my best friends. I would like to say goodbye to him if I could."

"Okay, but we shouldn't stay out for too long, Jessica. We still need to get back to the highway."