Chapter 24: Trust Issues

"Travis are you guys done yet?" A man asked when he walked into the room. He looked at everybody that was dead on the ground, then looked at Jessica. He stood there for a while in shock then said,

"Oh shit."

He ran out of the room calling for assistance. Jessica slowly stood up and walked towards one of the men she had killed. Jessica grabbed his shotgun and walked towards the door and opened it up. She looked behind at the mess of corpses on the ground, then walked out of the room.

Jessica walked down the hallway, shotgun loaded, just in case somebody or something jumped out at her. She continued walking down what seemed to be a never ending hallway, until like she expected somebody walked out.

"I found her! And she is on the move!" the man yelled when he saw Jessica. He aimed his gun at her then called out to her,

"Surrender now! Or I will shoot you!"

"Whose to say I won't shoot you first?" Jessica said back, aiming her gun at the man.

"I'm serious lady. I don't want to hurt you."

"Ya fuck off bud," Jessica said as she pulled the trigger. The bullet drove into the man's chest, making him drop to the floor. Jessica kept walking down the hallway unfased by what happened. She was determined to find her friends, no matter how many lives she had to take.

She started calling out to her group, "Randi! Ray! Pablo! Anybody!"

Yet she didn't hear anything back. So she kept on walking until she walked into what seemed to be a library. In the middle of the library were a group of men huddled together.

"Boy's, we need to find this bitch!" one of the men stated, "We can't let her roam around this building, and kill even more of us. So if you see her you fucking shoot!"

"Yes sir!" another man said as they split up. Jessica hid behind a desk with her gun loaded, trying to find a way to help her friends without being detected. So she ran out from behind the desk and stood at the end of the bookcase. Jessica waited there for a bit, until a man came around the corner. She jumped out at him and covered his mouth with her hand. She grabbed the butterknife from her pocket and stabbed it into the man's neck. She layed him on the ground and continued to move. She didn't want to be anywhere near him when he was discovered.

Another man walked out from the bookcase and Jessica jumped behind another desk, to avoid being caught. The man walked by the desk so Jessica gripped the knife tightly. She didn't want to leave him alive so she thought of a way to kill him without attracting too much attention to herself. When she came up with the idea she whistled just loud enough for the man to hear. Lucky for her the man did hear her whistle, and went to investigate by the desk. With each step closer he got, the tighter Jessica's grip on the butterknife got. The man leaned over the desk and tried to look under it, and in one fluid motion, Jessica grabbed the man and pulled him over the desk, then stabbed him in the head repeatedly. She threw the body off of her and got up again.

Jessica quickly moved away again to avoid being caught and stood up against a bookcase. She noticed that a man was slowly walking on the other side of the bookcase, looking at all of the books. Jessica waited until he was directly across from her and when he leaned in to get a closer look at the book, she reached through the bookcase and grabbed his collar. She pulled him close to the bookcase, making him smash his head on the shelf. She let go of him, and he tumbled towards the ground, completely unconscious.

Jessica continued to move, still on the lookout for her friends and her foes. She heard some noise coming from the aisle ahead of her, and saw there were two men there. She hid at the end of the bookcase, and loaded her gun. When she felt the time was right, she jumped out from the corner and shot one of the men. The sound of the gunshot echoed through the library, and the remaining men started to flock towards her location. Jessica knew that she had to act quickly so she could escape unnoticed, so she ran at the other man and stabbed him in the neck.