Chapter 2: Pit Party

“Are you serious?” Jessica asked in disbelief.

“Ya, but I should be able to handle them. You guys stay back”, ordered Jordan as he hid the girls behind him. The girls slowly started to back up as Jordan got ready to fight. The zombies could see Jordan now, so they started to head towards him. The first geek, just a bit shorter than Jordan, tried to grab him, but Jordan moved out of the way and swung his crowbar down on the zombie’s skull. The zombie’s brain smashed as the crowbar went deep into the zombies head. The sight of the zombie’s head being smashed in made Jayme throw up.

“Jordan can you try to be a bit less morbid? Jayme isn’t handling the blood and gore too well”, Randi asked as she held Jayme’s hair back.

“I’ll try!” Jordan said as the next zombie lunged towards him. So he pulled out his knife and stabbed it in the neck. He threw the zombie to the ground and looked back up. The last zombie was right over top of him ready to attack. Jordan didn’t have enough time to react before he was on the ground with the zombie hovering over top of him. He couldn’t wrestle the walker off. Jessica was starting to worry that he wouldn’t be able to beat it. The zombie went to bite at his face when a loud gun shot came from deeper in the woods. A bullet rushed towards Jordan and the zombie. It pierced into the walker making it drop right on top of Jordan. Jordan threw it off and looked directly towards the direction where the bullet came from.

“Who the hell is there?” Jordan yelled. There was no response so he yelled again, “Well, show yourself!” A little boy walked out of the bush. The boy looked up a Jordan with a terrified look on his face. He still had his gun aimed at Jordan. The little boy was waiting for Jordan’s reaction.

“You’re just a little kid…” Jordan said in disbelief, “What’s your name?”

“My name is Pablo”, the boy replied.

“Okay Pablo, where did you learn to shoot like that?”

“My dad taught me how… before he lost his leg…” Pablo answered.

“Wait! There are other people with you? Can you take us to them? We need somewhere to rest, and this forest is not a safe place to rest. ” Jordan asked.

“I guess… but you promise not to hurt them, right?”

“We promise!” Jessica guaranteed.

“Okay! Then follow me”, Pablo said as he started to walk down the path, “Come on! Let’s Go!” The group started to head down the path, with Pablo in the lead. While they continue down a new path, Ray and Josh are still following the group’s original path.

“They went pretty far, didn’t they?” Josh said to Ray, “I wonder how much farther they went?”

“Not too far”, Ray replied, “You can tell if you look at their trail. See all of these tracks are fresh. So they must be fairly close.”

“Well, good thing you are with me or I would be wondering these woods having no clue where the hell I am” Josh joked as he looked around the area, “So we should be finding them soon right?”

“Who knows? We might find them right away, but they would have had to stop walking through the forest. They most likely kept on trekking forward, so we will probably have to keep following their trail for a while,” Ray answered.

“I just hope that nothing happened to them”, Josh stated.

“Looks like something did happen though”, Ray pointed out as when he saw three walkers dead on the ground, “But it doesn’t look like anything happened to Jordan and the girls. Looks like they fended them off.”