Chapter 3: Convenient Fist Fights

“Answer the question, god damn it!” Martin yelled as he pushed his gun closer to Raymond’s head, “Or I’ll shoot your damn head off!”

“Relax Martin. There is no need for this” Jordan said as he walked towards Ray and Josh.

“Why are you siding with the trespassers, Jordan? You should be helping us.”

“Listen to what Jordan is telling you old man”, Josh said as he tried to get up.

“Don’t tell me what to do son! Or I will put a bullet through your head no matter what Jordan says! Now I want to hear why Jordan thinks we should keep you two trespassers around.”

“We are going to keep these men around because they are part of my group. They are the men that fought off the group of walkers while the girls and I ran” Jordan answered.

“Well why didn’t you tell me that before I stuck a gun to these young men’s faces? I’m sorry for the trouble boys”, Martin said as he helped Ray up.

“We thought you guys were dead”, Jordan confessed, “We were about to move on without you.”

“Nope! A few geeks can’t take down Josh and Ray that easily”, Josh joked while they were walking down the hallway.

“There had to be more than a few geeks out there”, Martin stated, “The woods around these parts are crawling with infected around this time of night.”

“There were quite a bit out there”, Raymond said, “We almost didn’t make it.”

“Well at least nobody died. I’m sure your friends will be happy to see that” Martin stated as he opened up the door to the principal’s office.

“You’re alive!” Jayme happily said as she ran up to Raymond and gave him a hug.

“So it was just you guys that made all that noise?” Randi asked.

“Yes Randi. It was just us”, Josh replied sarcastically.

“Well it’s getting late guys so we should all get some rest. It’s been a long day”, Will said as he started to wheel out of the principal’s office, “Come on. I’ll show you where you can sleep.” So the group walked down to hall to a room that was far bigger than the principal’s office. The windows in that room were boarded up and there were mats spread out around the room.

“This used to be the gymnasium”, Martin said, “The mats make a relatively comfy bed for you to sleep on. And there are change rooms on the other side of the gym if you need to relieve yourselves.”

“Well I know one thing for sure!” Josh said as he jumped onto a mat, “I’m going to sleep right away!”

“We definitely need it”, Jordan said as he lay down beside Jessica. Everybody went to sleep quickly except for Will and Martin.

“I think they can be trusted” Will said as he and Martin watched on the group.

“I’m not too sure yet. They haven’t done anything to gain my trust yet. The only thing they’ve done is take our resources” Martin replied back, “We will have to wait until tomorrow to see if they really want to help us.”

“I guess you’re right” Will agreed.

“Of course I’m right” Martin stated, “But for now let’s get some sleep.” The group slept through the night without having to worry about zombies or bad weather. This was the life of luxury for them. Not having to worry was a good feeling, but they all knew that it wouldn’t last for ever. So they decided to make the best of it and sleep as long as they could.